Looks like our christmas won't be merry!

4 posters

Go down

Looks like our christmas won't be merry!  Empty Looks like our christmas won't be merry!

Post by Scubasteve Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:25

Harrison is ill yet again Sad

After all the problems we were having with the last doctor Harrison showed signs of another chest infection again on wednesday. By wednesday night he was really poorly, was awake with me all night on the settee with a temperature, vomiting and coughing Sad

I took him to a different doctors at half 8 thursday morning, registered him and got him seen. Doctor listened to his chest and confirmed he had a chest infection but wasn't happy just to give antibiotics as it was his 3rd in 8 weeks. So we were referred to hospital with him for a chest x-ray.

He didn't have an x-ray thank goodness but had to stay in until 7pm for observation, steroids and an inhaler to open his chest up. Poor boy didn't want to be there, neither did I. We had nothing with us becuase I really didn't expect to be up there all day.

By 3pm his breathing was better after 12 puffs on the inhaler, and because he was happy playing an xbox game in the playroom the doctor allowed us home at 3pm with him.

I never want to go there again, it was such a long day for the two of us. But on the plus side we did meet Jimmy Osmond, and Kevin Johns and the whole of the Aladdin cast. They are doing panto down here, and turned up onto the children's ward just in front of us. Harrison didn't know what to make of all the costumes though. They were giving out selection boxes, and Jimmy osmond held one out for Harrison, he snatched it and ran away down the corridor with it Laughing

Been a rough night with him as he was awake a fair bit coughing and I had to give an inhaler every 4 hours. But he is back for a nap on the settee now so hoping he wakes in a better mood! Couldn't have picked a better time though so close to christmas to be ill! Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Looks like our christmas won't be merry!  Empty Re: Looks like our christmas won't be merry!

Post by janey Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:27

Oh hun thats a pain just before christmas. Will he not be ok by the day though?
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Looks like our christmas won't be merry!  Empty Re: Looks like our christmas won't be merry!

Post by Scubasteve Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:31

Not sure he has a lot of mucous on his chest, which he is swallowing and it's giving him a bad belly. The more he coughts the more he will clear his chest. But as long as he isn't worse today he should get better.

At the moment he is really rough and grumpy because he can't sleep. Hoping the next couple of days with steroids and an inhaler every 4 hours should mean by tomorrow evening he will be a lot brighter. But he isn't interested in Santa at all today, just wants to be held or carried.

I haven't wrapped a single present yet, that was my plan for yesterday, so need to fit that in today too but so tired I haven't done anything yet Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:34

Don't worry, I'm sure he will be bright as a button by christmas day, and you still have 2 days to go with the wrapping.

Fingers crossed that all is well, maybe you should get some rest for a bit. You could always go and buy some christmas gift bags, saves on a lot of time on wrapping Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:39

Thanks I hope so, it's the first year they have both properly understood so hope he enjoy's his day! Hopefully his presents will help cheer him up.

Ian's going to sit downstairs with kids and a dvd this afternoon so I have the afternoon to wrap and will do some more when they go to bed! Gift bags sounds a good idea, but I can't be bothered to leave the house Laughing
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:43

Laughing fair enough!! Good luck Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:44

Thanks gonna need it the amount Ian has bought them this year! Wink xx
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:55

Hope he is feeling better and that must have been very stressfull for you both

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Dec 23 2011, 11:57

Thanks Jstaff. It was, not had them admitted before so was a new experience and one I don't want to repeat!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Dec 23 2011, 15:27

Try giving a hot drink of honey, lemon and some crystalized ginger. This will help to ease his upset tummy. Plenty of honey so it is sweet, a little lemon juice as it is acidic, and as much ginger as he likes.

May not take to ginger unless it is sweetened. Hope he is feeling much better really soon.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Dec 23 2011, 16:02

Hope he turns the corner and your Christmas is restored! That is no fun.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23 2011, 16:19

Aw no, bless your poor little man, and you! I really hope his infection clears up soon and you can both get some rest and enjoy your christmas. Hugs to you both, fingers crossed he'll feel much better in the next couple of days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23 2011, 16:29

Oh Karen I hope he gets better really soon and his Christmas is a fab one
>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 24 2011, 00:31

Well christmas presents are all wrapped, minus one for the kids which is hidden under Hollie's bed Laughing

Managed to get 2 hours sleep tonight but we are now camped on the sofa again. Just waiting for his coughing fit to stop again now, and the inhaler to work so we can head back to bed.

Not looking likely for a good christmas he seems worse tonight than he was yesterday Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 24 2011, 00:32

Thanks for all your best wishes though, and Kath that sounds a great idea. But not sure he would like it as he doesn't like honey. At the moment though since I gave him steroids in water this morning, he is refusing to drink anything incase there is something hidden in there!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24 2011, 04:36

ooh poor lil fella! I'm sure he'll perk up on christmas day once the festivities begin! hope he gets better soon, must be a bit of a stress Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24 2011, 06:36

Awww, poor lil' man. Hope he gets better soon and you have a reasonable ( if not GREAT ) xmas day

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 24 2011, 07:52

Thanks, we had 3 hours sleep after I posted then camping on sofa again at 4am. He was really unwell then, temperature was back up high and I thought we were going to end up in hossie again because he was missing breaths for a while.

Sent back to bed with him at 6am when Ian came down, just got up again and he is full of beans Big Grin Still chesty but he spotted the wrapped pressies in our room so he is now excited for santa!!!! Big Grin
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24 2011, 12:40

Sorry to hear that Harrison is poorly but great news that he seems better today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24 2011, 12:51

hope he gets better soon. if he was playing xbox games he should be cheery enough tomorrow when he gets his presents. hope you have a good day. on a lighter note did you get jimmy's autograph

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 24 2011, 16:03

He does seem a lot happier this afternoon! Big Grin Chest stil sounds awful and rattling away as he breathes but think his inhaler every 4 hours helps.....even though I am zombified!

Ian took him back to bed for a nap earlier whilst I wrapped Ian's pressies with Hollie. We then took Tinker out for an hours walk and there was still no sign of life, got home to find him up and about running around. Think he is over the worst now.

And no we didn't get his autograph, didn't really think too! Was so shattered from being awake all night with him, that I didn't think about it. Would have loved to have got a picture of all the cast though, their costumes were amazing!! Jimmy greeted Ian like an old friend, he is lovely! Big Grin
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24 2011, 16:05

What really good news
thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Dec 24 2011, 16:07

So it will be a merry christmas all round dance
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 24 2011, 16:13

Big Grin Looks that way. At the moment they are both sat singing jingle bells at the top of their voices dance
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Dec 24 2011, 16:14

Yay dance dance dance Lol, hope you all have a great one Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 24 2011, 16:14

Thanks you too Big Grin
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down