What to you wear when walking your dog?

+3
maria0077
linzy
Lizzie
7 posters

Go down

What to you wear when walking your dog? Empty What to you wear when walking your dog?

Post by Lizzie Mon Dec 19 2011, 13:07

We moved to our present home just about 18 months ago and have got to know a lot of friendly people in the village especially other dog walkers of course, although I mostly know the dogs names and not the owners names. Smile

Yesterday I went to a Christmas Lunch for the village in our Village Hall with 2 friends and really enjoyed it, but a lot of people didn't seem to recognise me. This morning walking Harry across the fields in my scruffy old trousers and mac with my chewed wellies on, and my hair wet and hanging, (you get the picture Laughing ) everybody spoke to me and without fail said "sorry I didn't realise it was you yesterday at Lunch"

Do you think they are trying to tell me something Blushing

Lizzie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

What to you wear when walking your dog? Empty Re: What to you wear when walking your dog?

Post by linzy Mon Dec 19 2011, 13:38

There's two dogs who live across the street, and we stop and talk to them and the owners (I've even had an email from one of the dogs!) but, when the dogs aren't there, I just don't recognise the owners!

I don't feel as bad about it though, as plenty of people seem to know Violet, but they don't know me!
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

What to you wear when walking your dog? Empty Re: What to you wear when walking your dog?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 13:42

I always remember dogs names but quite often forget the owners!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Mon Dec 19 2011, 13:59

Smile Hi,
I probably look the same all the time, I wear similar stuff - a pair of jeans and a jacket - with dogs or without - not sure it is a good thing, though Laughing Blushing
A couple of days ago when I went to the town a guy on the street (a complete stranger to me) asked me "Where are the dogs" Laughing Laughing
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What to you wear when walking your dog? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 14:28

It's the dog. Or rather the lack of it! I do the same thing; I'll see someone in town and think they're vaguley familiar but won't realise who it is till I see them a couple of days later with their dog!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Dec 19 2011, 15:34

Normally I wear a lime green mankini, knee length shiny boots, and a long blonde wig ... but its a bit breezy this time of year Wink
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Dec 19 2011, 15:42

Andy wrote:Normally I wear a lime green mankini, knee length shiny boots, and a long blonde wig ... but its a bit breezy this time of year Wink

rolling on the floor sick I was going to say that I usually wear clothing, but I like your costume better. \\\\\\\\m/
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 15:58

Andy! I had to read that twice as I thought you were serious for a minute. I wear leggings and long tops with or without waterproof hiking jacket depending on the weather. I also either where a full cap or a peak. By the time I get to the park my hair is plastered down with perspiration and my makeup (afternoon walks only) has been wiped off along the way.

We all know each other as "Jack's Daddy, Tigger's mom etc. We have been going to the park for over a year now and we are only now starting to know the doggie parents.

On several occasions I have bumped into owners sans dogs and given a friendly greeting. On each occassion it took awhile for the penny to drop before the greeting was returned.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 19 2011, 17:30

bbimson wrote:
Andy wrote:Normally I wear a lime green mankini, knee length shiny boots, and a long blonde wig ... but its a bit breezy this time of year Wink

rolling on the floor sick I was going to say that I usually wear clothing, but I like your costume better. \\\\\\\\m/

Laughing Laughing Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Dec 19 2011, 18:05

Ty wrote:Andy! I had to read that twice as I thought you were serious for a minute. I wear leggings and long tops with or without waterproof hiking jacket depending on the weather. I also either where a full cap or a peak. By the time I get to the park my hair is plastered down with perspiration and my makeup (afternoon walks only) has been wiped off along the way.

We all know each other as "Jack's Daddy, Tigger's mom etc. We have been going to the park for over a year now and we are only now starting to know the doggie parents.

On several occasions I have bumped into owners sans dogs and given a friendly greeting. On each occassion it took awhile for the penny to drop before the greeting was returned.

I was !! :-\\\\
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Mon Dec 19 2011, 18:56

My girlfriends a nurse when i go up to the hospital to pick her up i see the other nurses she works with in uniform, but when i see them outside of work i walk past them in the street
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Mon Dec 19 2011, 23:13

Photos Andy please Laughing

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 23:18

like at the dog park , I know many of the regulars dogs names but would have no clue of the owners. and if I saw the owners out without their dog I'd have no hope in recognising them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 23:19

Usually just a pair of joggers, trainers, a hoodie and my waterproof jacket. Oh, and a lead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Dec 20 2011, 06:34

Lizzie wrote:Photos Andy please Laughing

Tongues Laughing
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20 2011, 08:19

Yes please Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20 2011, 08:22

rolling on the floor

you crack me up andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down