must read T_T (photos may be found distressing)

+2
janey
flipearl13
6 posters

Go down

must read    T_T (photos may be found distressing) Empty must read T_T (photos may be found distressing)

Post by flipearl13 Fri Dec 09 2011, 17:36

a dog fighting syndicate has been caught here in our country operating a pit ring.. 6 koreans were nab for maintaining and operating the facility with 272 fighting pit bulls. 27 were put to sleep due to bad and horrible conditions and the rest were seized by the Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) for rehabilitation and eventually be for adoption. i was so moved by the pictures i saw in the organizations facebook page.

news:
http://www.interaksyon.com/photo-gallery-240-pit-bulls-rescued-from-cavite-dogfighting-ring

PAWS' facebook album of the dogs for rehab:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.279958802049772.64941.176442875734699&type=1

Last edited by janey on Fri Dec 09 2011, 20:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just added, hope you don't mind)
flipearl13
flipearl13
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Noa
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

must read    T_T (photos may be found distressing) Empty Re: must read T_T (photos may be found distressing)

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 18:39

DISGUSTING!! .. because of the stupid act of some idiotic (to put it clean) people!, these poor innocent dogs are facing death! let alone those who have already been killed :@ .. there are some sick people out there!, what kick do you get from keeping dogs in such poor conditions and throwing them together to kill each other!! .. its sickening!

Back to top Go down

must read    T_T (photos may be found distressing) Empty Re: must read T_T (photos may be found distressing)

Post by janey Fri Dec 09 2011, 18:46

I don't understand there mentality, just wrong.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 20:11

Words fail me, Thos poor dogs Sad i hope the arses who did this get karma and get it good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Dec 09 2011, 20:17

When posting subjects such as these could we please have some kind of warning of their content. We do have some younger viewers who would be quite upset about some of the images/material shown. Would it be possible to have a red flag or something similar for upsetting posts. Many thanks
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by flipearl13 Fri Dec 09 2011, 20:30

kathytake2 wrote:When posting subjects such as these could we please have some kind of warning of their content. We do have some younger viewers who would be quite upset about some of the images/material shown. Would it be possible to have a red flag or something similar for upsetting posts. Many thanks

understood, that's why i posted the links instead of pictures. sorry
flipearl13
flipearl13

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by flipearl13 Fri Dec 09 2011, 20:32

i do hope the remaining dogs will find a home, i heard from some people in the Welfare that the dogs were really great with humans. i'm coming down there this weekend to volunteer and help out on the rehabilitation. i'm also donating stainless food bowls and sacks of dog food for them.
flipearl13
flipearl13

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Dec 09 2011, 20:41

Good luck and keep us updated Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Dec 09 2011, 20:52

Thanks for that. Much appreciated
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 22:12

A complete and utter disgrace to the human race. Words just fail me. loser thumbs down

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 22:19

i know i may get slated for this but i think all fighting dogs seized should be PTS. they will never fully recover from their ordeal and n one could ever trust them. i know it isnt the dogs fault it is idiots that again make the dog suffer for their actions. even the bait dogs would never recover so it would be best. the fighting is all some of these dogs have known and these cud never be rehabilitated. my opinion and i know many would disagree with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Dec 09 2011, 22:32

I think its the stigma of a pitbull, and no I don't think they all should be pts.

I think they deserve a chance, with people that can put in the time and effort and firm training.

They may never be off lead and maybe muzzled but the love they can still show is imense.

I do get your point though Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 22:39

again its the so called human race making life a missery for these poor animals and it is left to the decent end of society to pick up the pieces. no sentence will ever be enough to make up for the missery they have caused but then the sentencing is a joke any way. when will people realise that animal cruelty should be up there with child abuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Dec 09 2011, 22:53

I cant open the links its to distressing for me but all I can say is they are evil scum and want putting out of there misery themselves nothing will make there actions okay and hope they get what they deserve someday Crying or Very sad angry
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10 2011, 00:19

_julie_ wrote:i know i may get slated for this but i think all fighting dogs seized should be PTS. they will never fully recover from their ordeal and n one could ever trust them. i know it isnt the dogs fault it is idiots that again make the dog suffer for their actions. even the bait dogs would never recover so it would be best. the fighting is all some of these dogs have known and these cud never be rehabilitated. my opinion and i know many would disagree with me.

I understand what you mean, but some of these dogs can, and do, make really good pets in the right homes. In the UK some years ago two dogs were rescues from a fighting ring. Both had horrific injuries (one had half its jaw hanging off) and both were very dog aggressive (as you would expect). However, they were treated & saved by some very kind vets, and then retrained to live with specially selected people. They were the most happy, well adjusted dogs you could ever meet. Yes, they had to kept on a lead, and yes they were muzzled inpublic. But they were kind & gentle dogs that were SO grateful for every bit of love & kindness they received.

Not all can be rehomed, and these should be pts. It would, indeed, be cruel to keep them locked in kennels for the rest of their lives. But some can be rehomed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10 2011, 15:41

well there is no way I can look at the photos ...I have seen enough horrific photos of animals suffering to haunt me the rest of my life.... Crying or Very sad but I hope the scum bag 'humans' that do this sort of thing, get put to sleep..preferably in a cruel and painful way..give them a taste of their own medicine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10 2011, 18:27

janey wrote:

I think its the stigma of a pitbull, and no I don't think they all should be pts.

I think they deserve a chance, with people that can put in the time and effort and firm training.

They may never be off lead and maybe muzzled but the love they can still show is imense.

I do get your point though Xx

I agree .. my old boy was used for fighting but he was the most gentle boy with people!! .. he had dog to dog aggression obviously nothing we could of done about that matter, however he was as soft as mush with pups .. he was always muzzled on walkies, strong harness and strong lead and kept to heel .. in the park we would go DEEP in out of the way of most dog walkers so he could go on a long line and enjoy a run.
In time he grew to learn he couldnt get to any dog and he grew to learn to ignore dogs on walks.
Goes to show not ALL dogs used to fight will stay in fight mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Mon Dec 12 2011, 03:21

This is very strongly put and I hope I'm not going to offend anyone with what I'm about to say, but I mean this to the bottom of my heart.

I hope all those who fight dogs, or find dog fighting an acceptable and normal sport, I hope they are shot. And if not, I will have Jeremy Clarkson and the RAF run them over with Mustangs and Challenger Tanks...cause they HURT.
These pits did NOTHING wrong, and this is how you repay them? Scum. I hope they're put in a pit and made to fight to the death. She how much they enjoy it then.[/endrantofangerandrage]
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
must read    T_T (photos may be found distressing) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 10:57

Skullkandi wrote:This is very strongly put and I hope I'm not going to offend anyone with what I'm about to say, but I mean this to the bottom of my heart.

I hope all those who fight dogs, or find dog fighting an acceptable and normal sport, I hope they are shot. And if not, I will have Jeremy Clarkson and the RAF run them over with Mustangs and Challenger Tanks...cause they HURT.
These pits did NOTHING wrong, and this is how you repay them? Scum. I hope they're put in a pit and made to fight to the death. She how much they enjoy it then.[/endrantofangerandrage]

trust me I feel exactly the same..when I look into Jethro's and Winston's eyes..they love me so much and would do anything for me....how could anyone even think about deliberately hurting these precious animals... I have always said a bullet is too good for the scum that do this sort of thing..make the scum bags really suffer..give them a taste of their own medicine! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:39

That's just terrible, I have seen pictures like this before. But these absolutely shocked me, the effort these men put in to all that was needed to fight the dogs is scary. The ring, all flash and the dogs known only by a letter and a number.....it's all just so wrong! Crying or Very sad Poor dogs, really hope that those that can be saved will be and will go on to receive the love they so deserve!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down