EXCITED CASPER

2 posters

Go down

EXCITED CASPER Empty EXCITED CASPER

Post by wendywoo Wed Nov 10 2010, 12:12

Can anyone give me any suggestions to calm Capser down - When he sees us for the 1st time I no he is excited to see us and we do fuss him but he then starts biting feet/trousers and barking we do leave the room for a while or distract him with toys but he jst comes bak and on sum occasions starts barking he want to play but it the nipping feet/trousers which is annoying the kids lol....... Big Grin

wendywoo
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : casper
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

EXCITED CASPER Empty Re: EXCITED CASPER

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 12:26

dont make a fuss of him unlill he has calmed down as this is just adding to his excitment and give him a sturn NO when he is doing nippin feet and trousers and also you might want to be takin him away and egnoring him and he will get the message not to nip as staffys hate to be egnored.
and the barking i have started to train memphis to stop this by given a finger gesture and a shhhh and when he stops i give him lots of prays

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 12:29

Yes, totally agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Nov 10 2010, 19:30

When you have been out and you come in walk past him if he jumps up at you just push him off no talking or eye contact he will then learn to respect you may take a while he will get the message. Cause hes excited your home he doesnt no the boundries and hes in a very excited and anxious state. I no your going to feel awful as all you want to do is welcome him but it really does work Big Grin
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 20:16

gem wrote:When you have been out and you come in walk past him if he jumps up at you just push him off no talking or eye contact he will then learn to respect you may take a while he will get the message. Cause hes excited your home he doesnt no the boundries and hes in a very excited and anxious state. I no your going to feel awful as all you want to do is welcome him but it really does work Big Grin

bang on the money there gem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:30

Cesar's way or the high way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down