How much piriton?

Go down

How much piriton? Empty How much piriton?

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19 2011, 18:52

I was hoping someone here would be able to help with this. Not sure if this should be here or in the other pets area. I had Millie and Bella at the park this afternon. When we got back Millie slept for a couple of hours and when she woke up she was swollen around her eyes, the side of her nose and her lips on one side. She looks like she just stepped out of a boxing ring Sad I'm guessing its an allergic reaction to something, my eyes go like that with hayfever, so I've given her half a piriton tablet but I'm not sure how often she should get them or how much. she's trying to lie on my knee just now feeling sorry for herself.

Back to top Go down

How much piriton? Empty Re: How much piriton?

Post by janey Sat Nov 19 2011, 19:13

Poor Millie, I haven't ever actually used it myself, thankfully never have had too, but my guess is you should see some improvement soon, and if it hasn't improved by tomorrow I would consult the vets, give them a call and ask there advice.

I hope it is nothing and nothing to worry about and she is better soon Xx

janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19 2011, 19:32

Thanks Janey Smile It's not something I ever used before. At first I thought the cat had scratched her but its all over face. Poor girl has had a hard time of it lately, she got her face cut quite badly in the park a couple of months ago because of someone cutting the fence angry

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 19 2011, 19:40

Millie&Bella wrote: Poor girl has had a hard time of it lately, she got her face cut quite badly in the park a couple of months ago because of someone cutting the fence angry

??? What happened or have I missed something? Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19 2011, 20:19

it was just before I got Bella and joined the forum. someone cut a hole in the fence enclosing the dogs area in the park. Millie panicked when dogs tried to play with her and ran through it, she tore the skin and lost hair on her face and around the top of her eye Sad It's only now grown back, I didn't think it was going to.
right after that I bring Bella home to torment her day and night lol

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 19 2011, 20:25

Ouch! Poor thing, well at least Bella became a distraction I suppose Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20 2011, 00:11

Half to one piriton, twice a day is what I'd start with. If that shows improvement, then you probably don't need to do anything else. If there's no improvement after 24 hours, or it seems to be getting worse instead of better I'd take her to the vet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20 2011, 09:17

Millie's face was a lot better this morning, just a little puffy looking around her eyes so I gave her half this morning. Wish I knew what had caused it, it's the same park we have been going to for 4 years. Even Bella was nice to her last night and didnt jump at her face wanting to play Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22 2011, 10:16

Just thought I would give a wee update on this. I ended up having to take Millie to the vet yesterday. She had seemed better on sunday, then early hours of monday she was sick, panting a lot, wouldnt eat or drink water, eyes swollen, head covered in bumps (which came and went in an hour) and started acting really strangely, either just lying on the couch or at one point jumped on the windowsill and hid behind the curtain. Scared the life out of me Sad The vet confirmed it's an allergy, weighed her and said she can have 1 piriton every 8 hours cause she is 22kg, any time it happens. She has couple of lumps on her head this morning but she is a lot brighter. Bella has been a wee star, just going up to her to wash her face or ears and not jumping up biting at her. It was thanks to this site I knew about piriton and the vet said that was exactly the right thing to do, so a big thank you Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22 2011, 10:21

So glad she's ok. To be honest, I didn't know about Piriton until I heard it mentioned on another forum fairly recently!

I'm lucky in a way cause I've always got some in the cupboard as my daughter uses them quite regularly.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Nov 22 2011, 10:22

Poor Millie they can be such a worry. Hope she is back to herself as soon as. Any ideas what it was a reaction too? X
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22 2011, 10:56

The only thing I can think of is that I bought a different cleaner for the floor. Similar to the usual one but a cheaper brand and it took me a while to even think of that. The floor is getting cleaned a lot more than usual these days. I've been going over and over everything I use. There hasnt been any change to her food, we go to the same places on walks. so that cleaner wont be getting used again just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down