Lottie at the training centre

Go down

Lottie at the training centre Empty Lottie at the training centre

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15 2011, 20:56

well as advised we took Lottie along with us and I sat with her outside the arena while Pete took Lemmy in. I followed the behavioural training like we do every day exactly as we were told. On a normal walk in familiar territory she is fine. At the training centre tonight it took me 15 minites to get in the door then she pulled like a tank which made me take another 15 minutes to get across reception. We then went to the back of the room and found a nice comfy couch to sit on and she just cried wanting to get in to Lemmy and Pete. When we went to walk round she pulled again and was constantly looking at people and the dogs and so it took ages to walk one circuit of the perimiter of the arena. Unfamiliar ground to her is hard work and then I have to continuously tell people PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO HER OR TRY TO TOUCH HER which then makes me look mean. The filthy look I got off one bloke I dont even know what he wa thinking. was icruel a funny woman or was me dog a monster. Dont really care what he thought but there was no need for the look. anyway try try again as they say. she'll get there bless her its not her fault

Back to top Go down

Lottie at the training centre Empty Re: Lottie at the training centre

Post by janey Tue Nov 15 2011, 21:02

Just take it slowly, she will learn but don't overdo it. Little at a time and build up her confidence gradually.

As for dirty looks, your doing what is helping your girl, sod them Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15 2011, 21:57

janey wrote:

Just take it slowly, she will learn but don't overdo it. Little at a time and build up her confidence gradually.

EXACTLY. the staff are great they have been told about her and so know to avoid contact. she'll get there. this is the only busy place she has to go to for the first month till we see how she does. Lemmy's trainer is her trainer so it gives her chance to see Lottie for herself and then we can adjust anything if need be but she thinks the update on normal everyday life is good behaviour where she avoids rather then barks and even though tomight wasnt a great success she could see some points that were encouraging like crying for Lemmy and Pete that shows she is becoming more dog and trusts us and is great with Lemmy and wants to join in what Lemmy is doing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15 2011, 22:07

janey wrote:

I quite agree! You're doing what's best for her & you, and if they're that concerned, they can ask why, can't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15 2011, 23:26

Best of luck. Have you tried wlaking her by the center on occasion and not going in? She may have associated the place as bad and just needs some positive experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15 2011, 23:33

jstaff wrote:Best of luck. Have you tried wlaking her by the center on occasion and not going in? She may have associated the place as bad and just needs some positive experience.

she hasnt associated it as bad she is like this in all new places next week should be better if she remembers it. its not places with her its people. great idea to walk passed we do that with the vets and go in for a biscuit but the centre isnt close enough. i dont drive and pete has to make an effort to be in from work on time the days we go for training. not much of an effort really he gets his tea early which puts a smile on his face Smile no she will just take some work time patience and a lot of understanding bless her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down