Wild goose chase

3 posters

Go down

Wild goose chase Empty Wild goose chase

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18 2011, 16:46

We live a few blocks from Zoo Lake which is a man made lake with wild geese and other water irds in abundance. The pathway around the lake is just on one km so a few laps are a regular walk for Tyson and me. There are many groups of geese with goslings at the moment and we have to dodge the nanny geese who warn one off with a hiss. There is one particular group with a really vicious nanny goose who sure as hell does not like one of us! He/she usually makes a mock charge with flared wings whenever we pass.

Today we were charged! The damn goose just kept on coming, I ran forward, tripped over a stunned Tyson tumbled over onto the knee I scrapped when I took a fall on a jog a week ago and still the goose came. Fortunately, a runner coming in the opposite direction halted the wild goose chase and we were able to limp home. Had to go to the clinic to get my knee dressed and get a tetanus shot (in case duck poo got in to the wound). Tyson was startled but recovered well.

An all this in the middle of the bustling city!

Back to top Go down

Wild goose chase Empty Re: Wild goose chase

Post by janey Tue Oct 18 2011, 16:54

Well thats a little bit of a shock, at first I was gonna ask where the pics where!!

Hope your all ok, Geese can be nasty things!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18 2011, 17:01

I have never been near a goose really. Which is odd i live around animals lol but i hate those things so avoid them when possible! Hope you're okay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18 2011, 17:03

Lol Janey, did not have time to think...just wanted to get away as fast as possible. I will try to capture the offending goose next time I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Oct 18 2011, 17:08

Those geese sound nasty.I hope your knee is better soon
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18 2011, 17:10

wow what an exciting walk you both had!! Laughing glad you are okay, but I bet the tetanus needle hurt! poor thing!

funny that.. I will go in someones yard if they have a pit bull or a rotty etc.. but if I see geese there is no way I will go in!! they can be so aggressive !!

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Tue Oct 18 2011, 17:45

The lake near me is swarming with Canada geese at the moment and has many resident swans despite his desire to chase pigeons Ledger thankfully shows no interest upwards bigger birds and they watch but leave us alone they are much more interested in attacking families that bring bread I felt quite bad yesterday watching one family get surrounded then watch dad run off one way throwing bread in the air trying to get birds to chase him with mum and the kids running the other way
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18 2011, 17:54

I agree Venessa, I would rather face any dog. I think my fear exudes from my pores. On weekends, the place is flooded with families feeding 'the ducks'. I am sure they are all truly stuffed by Sunday evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down