Worried about kuma

3 posters

Go down

Worried about kuma Empty Worried about kuma

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 19:53

Got a wee worry just now, kuma is going under the table and rubbing the top of her back just behind the tail on the underside of the table, like she has an ich but she's been doing it now for more than a few days and shes now giving a little cry.. looked for flee's but cant see anything? could it be worms..? al try get a video of her doing it its a little weird one and want to ask before a fork out to go to the vet's , Cheers in advance Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Worried about kuma Empty Re: Worried about kuma

Post by Steve Mon Nov 01 2010, 19:56

as she got any bumps on her? have a feel all over her to see if you can feel anything.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Nov 01 2010, 19:58

Wouldn't say worms. Is Kuma dragging her bum along the carpet at all? It could be blocked glands, they have them on the inside of there rectum, my last one suffered with it quite badly, the vet just popped a finger to unblock it. May not be that at all, a video would be good, although I'm sure someone can help. Is she being herself otherwise?
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 19:59

No mate nothing at all that's what's annoying me.. no marks brusing lumps anything? a was thinking worms mibi moving about but mrs thinks worms would be under her butt hole Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:04

is she bum surfing? lmao

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:09

A think al leave the finger to the vet tbh rolling on the floor and no shes not draging it.. everytime a go to video her she walks away then a stop the video then she goes back and will do it again. Got a video there 7 seconds worth so will upload it in 5 mins .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:18

Worried about kuma Th_01112010004

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:18

Bum surfing.. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:21

is she rubbing her bum on the table? lmao maybe she got a tich is she doign it all the time?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:22

not her bum its like the top of her tail... on her back.. ye quite alot a don't think its an ich tbh ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:27

ooo right my sam it abit like that i wouldn't thought that will be worms it just a soft spot for dogs i think.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:28

She's getting worming tablets on wed had to order them, so will be her 1st since she was weeks old ! me been such a c**t forgot ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:31

Have you checked to see if her skin's a little sore? It might help to rub a little bit of Sudocrem around the base of her tail. Although it's a soft spot for dogs (they all like it if you scatch them on the back at the base of the tail) they can get to like it a bit too much & it can make their skin a bit tender.

I doubt that it's worms, she'd be scooting her bum across the floor or against the table legs, not the top of her back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:33

ye a gave her a little brush (soft) grooming her and if anything mibi dry skin.. but not sure if it was me brushing to hard to see if she would react but she just lay there kicking her leg out Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:37

The other thing of course could be fleas. They're having a last fling this time of year & they can be a problem. Have a look for any eggs (the tiny black flecks that seem like they're glued to the hair) and run a flea comb through her coat - especially round the neck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:37

seany boy your right your a **** haha ye it could poss be tape worm as iv been told they can get itchy round the whole backend back back of legs and under the belly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 20:39

Hmm well only need wait till wed and give that a bash .. it was one of them ano it needs done but aw wait another week then before a knew it shes now 11 months this weekend Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 00:13

if she has worms it more likely she will rub her backside along the ground, if its not fleas it could be lice, rub your hand against the grain of her coat and if you see white flakes that look like dandruff she has lice,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 01:12

hmm hard to say if its lice... If so whats the best cure? How could it have been pikd up? Shestdrinking alot the past week aswell like a 2 min stop at the bowl... Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 10:27

If it's tapeworms you'll see tiny eggs around her anus - they look like little grains of rice!

If it's fleas you may have to look carefully & keep looking, they're not always easy to spot unless the dog is really infested with them. Many dogs are allergic to flea bites & an irritation will set in before you even notice taht they are there.

I've used 'spot on' drops on the neck, but Dempsey's fur, although short, is very dense (like his brain) so it's hard to get complete contact with the skin. You could try one of the sprays. My vet does one that takes only one quick spray & kills for 3 months!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 11:10

a used the spot stuff but seems after that she started doing it... Nothimg at hee ass just om the top od tje back put sudcream on it and so far today shes not dome it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 11:17

Fingers crossed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 11:19

if the sudacream dont work at least she will have a soft butt lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 11:23

it seems to be fine shes not rubbing her self on the table so al is good so far lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 14:39

seany boy if she starts scratching again spray some mr sheen on her it will do nothing for the itch but your table will come up lovely lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 14:48

lol al keep that in mind. Shes started doing it again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 14:50

it might just be sumit she likes the feel ov mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 15:51

She may need her anal glands emptying? x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 15:56

bigwazza wrote:it might just be sumit she likes the feel ov mate

blaze666 wrote:She may need her anal glands emptying? x

Either of these could be right, although if it were her anal glands I wouldn't have thought she'd be rubbing the top of her back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 16:00

Hahaha sorry my bad i misread the OP i thought she was rubbing her actual bum on things!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 16:02

My sister in laws jrt started doing this and she had mites it evenually turned into a red baldy patch she was told to put sudacrem on it but i think this was because the bitch was pregnant at the time so she couldnt have the normal treatment.....Am i reading this right is the itch at the base of the tail on the top x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 16:03

Yes, sounds like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 16:15

blaze666 wrote:My sister in laws jrt started doing this and she had mites it evenually turned into a red baldy patch she was told to put sudacrem on it but i think this was because the bitch was pregnant at the time so she couldnt have the normal treatment.....Am i reading this right is the itch at the base of the tail on the top x

you didnt do much good with the nuetering speech there did you blaze haha (i know im noughty bringing that up lol)
SORRY in advance clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 16:30

Blushing Dont!!! LOL we fell out during the jrt whole pregnancy it was only when she needed help during the delivery i spoke to her lol The pups have just all left to their new homes now and im pleased to say the bitch had her stitches out yerterday from being spayed......She kept one of the pups though and is already talking of breeding her angry it makes me so mad lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 16:50

some people lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 17:45

Yes on her back just before the tail.. a put sudcream on her before bed last night and she was fine for a while but shes started doing it when were not watching her .. cos theres cream on the under side of the table Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 20:27

Mrs was sitting with kuma and found a flea!! so to the vets tomorrow for some treatment the stuff a used obvs isnt very good at all !

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Nov 09 2010, 20:32

Dont bother with the vets sean they sell frontline at the chemist lloyds cheaper then the vets and then you will have to pay conciltation fee when he will give you frontline
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 20:56

but the vet will also check she is not also having a reaction to the flea bites and you dont always have to pay for a consultation if she reg with that vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 23:01

nah ma vet make u pay every time !! robbin c****

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 23:09

find a better vet mate a one that got animals at heart not just the money my vet would rather help you keep your pets healthy than wait and get money when they get sick.

and mines not a small vets its vets4pets but she is spot on its the same vet iv used for years but she used to have her own practice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 00:23

seany boy wrote:nah ma vet make u pay every time !! robbin c****
just bite the bullet seanyboy and pay for the vet, you were able to fork out gods knows how much for an exbox game yesterday, whats more important Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 00:27

or just go to the vet and get the dog examined, and when the vet gives you the bill. just say oh no i left me wallet at home ill drop it up to you in a while, he will hardly keep you're dog for ransom Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 00:35

they are all about money but am a tight arse? And kuma comes 1st b4 me and ma mrs ! Just grudge geting a 24 bill to tell me what a no then 20+ 4 the medication there a joke !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 00:41

right then i have a cheap and easy way out for you, just buy a can of fly spray for a pound, and spray the back of kumas head and neck, it will do the same job as going to the vets and it will kill every flea on her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 02:12

Dogs suffer with flea sacks just down by the base of the tail you may not see any flea's but under the skin the eggs might be ready to hatch. if you don't show her shave her back end and take a much closer look anything from a little pink dot to huge one if there nothing get some sticky tape place it on bald patch pull it off and see for any dry skin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 13:05

MissRogue wrote:Dogs suffer with flea sacks just down by the base of the tail you may not see any flea's but under the skin the eggs might be ready to hatch. if you don't show her shave her back end and take a much closer look anything from a little pink dot to huge one if there nothing get some sticky tape place it on bald patch pull it off and see for any dry skin.

flea sacks under the skin dont think so a flea lays it eggs and they root to the base of the hairs
and i would never shave a dogs back just to look for fleas do you know how long it takes for a staffy fur to grow back

what i think you may be thinking of is burrowing maggot larve on an untreated sore

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Nov 10 2010, 19:41

seany boy wrote:nah ma vet make u pay every time !! robbin c****
Mine two its a buisness there not there to be kind they even offer blood tests now i think £90 that will tell you what your dog will develop and about what age they will live till Surprised
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 20:12

MissRogue wrote:Dogs suffer with flea sacks just down by the base of the tail you may not see any flea's but under the skin the eggs might be ready to hatch. if you don't show her shave her back end and take a much closer look anything from a little pink dot to huge one if there nothing get some sticky tape place it on bald patch pull it off and see for any dry skin.

well thats a new one on me shaving a dogs backside to see if it has fleas, as for the sticky tape you learn something new everyday Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Nov 10 2010, 20:15

Is it not mites you mean they burrow under the skin Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content