News articles like this really annoy me

5 posters

Go down

News articles like this really annoy me Empty News articles like this really annoy me

Post by Ayden-J Sat Oct 15 2011, 08:38

http://news.aol.co.uk/main-news/story/girl-savaged-by-dog-near-playground/1948273/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%7C81518

The article says she was savaged by a Staffordshire Bull terrier TYPE,NOT a Pitbull terrier(If you go back to the AOL homepage and hover over the picture).so why use a picture of a Pitbull?!?!? Why not take a picture of the actual dog that attacked her and use that Instead of giving other dogs a bad name!!!
The owner obviously never bothered to train the poor dog properly!!
Ayden-J
Ayden-J
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
News articles like this really annoy me Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jett
Dog(s) Ages : 1 (and a bit)
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

https://www.facebook.com/killah.koby

Back to top Go down

News articles like this really annoy me Empty Re: News articles like this really annoy me

Post by markeB Sat Oct 15 2011, 17:45

they dont actually know what the dog breed is.but again yahoo pick out a pit pic in a cage
markeB
markeB
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s) : Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

News articles like this really annoy me Empty Re: News articles like this really annoy me

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 15 2011, 20:34

Oh dear fuming again. If they don't know why type of dog it was just say "I don't know what it was". Honestly some people are thick.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15 2011, 20:37

i said that this morning why print a picture of any dog at all if they arent sure what it was. no picture of any dog should have been printed anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Sat Oct 15 2011, 20:54

Its totally ridiculous. They don't know what dog it was that attacked the girl so its a staffie type and then use a pit bull picture. My son was attacked by a scottie dog 3 years ago. My wife chased the owner to her house. I then arrived and tried to speak to ladies husband and was told to call the police by him. I did and the police told me because that breed is not on the dangerous dog list no further action can be taken. Just shows how badly all bull breeds are portrayed.
Jon
Jon
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Sun Oct 16 2011, 12:27

What i find shocking is the comments on that page. People are condenming the dog before even knowing facts. For all we know that girl could have been pulling on his fur, kicking etc. No excuse but if the dog really wanted to do her damage shewould have lost more than a tooth and a cut lip. To me that sounds more like a warning bite.

Some other fool has alsoput statistics up there saying the Staff is the most dangerous dog yet the labrador is 4X more likely to bite, a little contradictive really. Plus i have not found ANY statistics on breeds of dogs in connection with dog bites, i have only found statistics on dog bites.

I used to be petrified of dogs and to be honest i still am, i never trust a strange dog but i would never blame a dog for something that the owner or th bitee is guilty of.
Maxien78
Maxien78

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sapphire
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20 2011, 21:48

I have worked with dogs for nearly ten years and in that time i have been bitten three times. One by a chihuahua one by a spaniel and one by a lab. Are they not supposed to be the good breeds? Total discrimination

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down