Staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com Forum Rules
|About the Guidelines |
We’ve created these guidelines for your reference, so you can enjoy our community areas without inadvertently breaking the law, and knowing how to report a problem to us without having to get your fingertips burnt by internet trolls!
If you post a comment on www.staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com it must comply with these guidelines. If you’re unclear about any of them, ask us a question. If you disagree with the guidelines, we’re always open to feedback but please note, if your comment doesn’t comply it will be removed and you might even find your account suspended.
Some communities have temporary additional guidelines specific to that community. If site specific guidelines conflict with any of the general guidelines below; the site guidelines will prevail. You will find details of any additional guidance on the relevant site.
On with the Guidelines
You will need to register to post, this can take a little while, please be patient... if you are only here to read then, of course, there is no need to register.
If you spot a post you think moderators should be alerted to, there is a little alert button in the top right of each message.
|If users persist in breaking the rules after being warned multiple times, mods or admin will have no choice but to ban them for the good of the forum|
The following rules are applicable across Staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com Communities.
- No defamatory comments. A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation. If successfully sued you could be held liable for considerable damages and costs.
- Avoid contempt of court which means not posting anything that risks prejudicing on-going or forthcoming court proceedings.
- Do not incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
- Avoid breaking a court injunction (for example, naming an individual or speculating as to their current whereabouts after a court has issued an injunction against doing so).
- Do not post content which you've copied from someone else and don't own the copyright.
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive.
- Do not make multiple postings. So that we can publish comments from as many different people as possible, participants should keep their number of contributions per debate to a reasonable level. Multiple posts from one individual, or small number of individuals, discourages many others who might otherwise wish to take part.
Although breaking one of the house rules below is less likely to land you in court, the rules are still important for your own safety, the safety of others and to avoid causing offence. Violation of these rules may result in suspension of your membership.
- No swearing. People of all ages read and contribute to these forums. Please don't use profanities or other words which might offend them.
- No spamming or flooding. Don't repost the same message, or very similar messages, more than once.
- No personal information. It is not acceptable to publicise your or anyone else's contact details including address, place of employment, name of educational establishment, telephone or mobile number, email address, etc. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this service.
- Keep your posts relevant. Posts which aren't relevant lower the value of the debate for everyone and may be removed.
- No advertising, promotion of products or services, or posting of web links (URLs). If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion, please inform the Have Your Say moderators via the Contact Us link.
- Post in English only. Posts containing languages other than English may be removed. Common greetings and salutations in languages other than English may be acceptable.
- No impersonating. Impersonating someone (including other members) is unacceptable.
- No inappropriate usernames (vulgar, offensive, etc).
- No hidden link For the safety of our users all links must be shown in full.
Member Names will be failed if they...
- Contain website or email addresses
- Contain contact information ie phone numbers, postcodes etc
- Appear to impersonate someone else
- Contain swear words or are otherwise objectionable
We reserve the right to fail messages which
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Are written in anything other than English - Welsh and Gaelic may be used where marked
- Contain links to other websites which break our color. (look below to find info about links)
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be 'spam', that is posts containing the same. or similar, message posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic for the particular message board
If you have any question about one of the forum rules, please contact me to ask your question.
Note: These rules may be modified/updated anytime, so we invite you to re-read them regularly.
We thank you for your comprehension and for respecting these rules.
A Staffy-bull-terrier Important Announcement