No Television!

3 posters

Go down

No Television! Empty No Television!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 20:52

Now, before I get started, I am not a huge TV watcher, however, I have 3 days of annual leave left and would have liked to have vegetated in a cabbage like state in front of some rubbish television or a movie or two with endless cups of tea... This is not going to happen! Our lovely big television that we paid a small fortune for has a line through it, as it has a 3 year warranty we contacted the manufacturer and it is currently at a repairer... In the mean time, we are using our old CRT (no digital tuner, but plugged into pay tv - my husband's "thing" and the blu ray player) which only a couple of days before was in the shed after we decided we haven't used it in ages, so we will get rid of... lucky we didn't! BUT, now the picture tube on this television is gone and we have nothing!!! I love to read and I love to play with Vlad and I love to listen to music, but am I the only one that sometimes all I want to do is not think and be able to sit in front of some mindless yet mildly entertaining trash on television (Judge Judy is a fave LOL) and just relax??? I don't know how long my good television will be, and I am sure that after a day or two I'll actually not miss it... but right now, early in the morning (I get up to let the Vlad out and have a cuddle before he starts snoring again) I could use some cartoons! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

No Television! Empty Re: No Television!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 20:53

P.S I have actually already cleaned my house and even begun doing some baking, so not lazy, just in the right mood to be lazy LOL Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Oct 06 2011, 20:58

cant you watch stuff online Tongues

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 06 2011, 21:02

Laughing I would also be gutted! I don't have the pleasure of a big TV or SKY, but I would miss my freeview.

Watch what you want online Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 21:03

OOOOOOOO You know, I probably can! We never even come close to our monthly download limit... so yes Big Grin The only problem we have is sharing the laptop Tongues But thanks... in so much of a state that I didn't think about watching stuff online Tongues (just kidding... once I had my little rant, I got over myself Tongues I didn't think of watching online because a true blonde lies within!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 06:50

Sooooooo this afternoon I have managed to make a raspberry and custard tea cake, in the process of making a Bailey's cheese cake and a couple of batches of rock road! It's for my parent's wedding anniversary get together... If I had television, it would have made it hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 08:08

Television back yesterday! I can't tell you how nice it is! Our CRT picture tube was failing but we persisted with it. I appreciate what we have a bit more since it was gone for 3 weeks!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Oct 22 2011, 08:10

Thats taken ages! I could be with out it for a day or 2 but not that long!! Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 08:30

LOL, we know... waiting for parts... if we had to wait beyond 6, it probably would have meant a new tele!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 23:34

how far we have come technically .... digital this digital that....
i remebered when we got our second tv channel here in NZ LOL

mmmmmmmm cheesecake!......

um... now we are so spoilt for choice...
gone are the days when an old clunker and a pair of rabbit ears was all you needed..... now its freeview and internet tv.... sky....

mmmmmmmmm rocky road.......

where was I.... ummmm ....
er never mind im going to go bake something

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 09:15

This year I am making massive hampers for friends at Christmas. I have to begin in June as I'm planning on making pickles and jams and around September, my husband is going to make his Christmas pudding that has been handed down through his family to put in the hamper. I'm beginning to collect jars now LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jan 07 2012, 13:04

This is exactly what me and hubby have done for the last few years. We make our own jam around August time when the fruit is around. Christmas pudding will be made around August/ September as will the chutney. This is so much more personal than anything bought in the shops. We then just get a few things like chocolates and crackers to fill in any gaps.

Thankfully I love baking but the kitchen we have is no where near big enough for everything I would love to do, and a pantry would be a God send.

Never mind mustn't grumble.....
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006