scum of the earth

+2
Tom0909
mikecoupe
6 posters

Go down

scum of the earth  Empty scum of the earth

Post by mikecoupe Wed Oct 05 2011, 18:15

around my area lately there has been a spate of dogs stolen, a milkman that lives in my street was approched by a "traveller" that was in the area on buisness looking for working dogs, he was offered £500 for a 6 year old scruffy jack russell, he told him where to go and didnt think anything else of it, 2 days later he let the dog out for his usual morning wee after 10 mins he went out to find out why he hadnt come back in and his steel back gate had been hacksawed through and the dog was gone, its the only time the dog is ever left out on his own so they must of even been watching !!, the guy is absolutely devistated and cant sleep or rest worrying about whats happend to him, then my mate opposite took him pedigree lurcher for a walk and he also was approched by someone claiming to be a traveller and offered £400, but because he had heard about the jack russel he told him to "go away"because he was phoning the police, but not as plolitely ! and the guy disapeared, but he was worried his run where the dog is kept was going to be broken into the dog has been staying down his dads since, there are so many people around here with dogs and its only a very small old mining village the word has got about and everyone is on edge about their dogs,id love to find the guys jack russel just because you could see how upset he was just telling us what happend, but even more, would love to here that the gang has been found, shot, and all the dogs returned, but these scum never get caught !!!!!!!!!!!
mikecoupe
mikecoupe
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : alfie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

scum of the earth  Empty Re: scum of the earth

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05 2011, 18:23

Thats very worrying indeed. I live in Caerphilly also I'v heard of a few strays turning up infact my mum is currently trying to catch a stray stafford/mutt.
I walk my lot in a forest upto my parents then back home through the forest around 9-10 at night, I'm sure they wouldn't question it a young woman walking three dogs on her own, would deffinatly be taking precautions thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikecoupe Wed Oct 05 2011, 18:28

no probs, the police told him its 5 or 6 have been reported in as many months, alf isnt even allowed to go out the back for his morning wee on his own anymore because he loves to stand on the wall to the side of our house and make a fuss of passing neighbours and watch cars pass, either me or the other half go up and make sure he comes back down, you shouldnt have to worry about your dogs safety in our own gardens
mikecoupe
mikecoupe

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : alfie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05 2011, 18:32

mikecoupe wrote:no probs, the police told him its 5 or 6 have been reported in as many months, alf isnt even allowed to go out the back for his morning wee on his own anymore because he loves to stand on the wall to the side of our house and make a fuss of passing neighbours and watch cars pass, either me or the other half go up and make sure he comes back down, you shouldnt have to worry about your dogs safety in our own gardens

I don't have a garden so when my dogs are out i am with them no matter what, I wouldn't even allow family to walk my lot because they do not know how to handle my lot. So thats one thing i don't need to worry about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom0909 Wed Oct 05 2011, 18:58

This whole world is becoming a joke ! People stealing dogs out of gardens is disgusting people have no hearts !
Tom0909
Tom0909
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Trixie
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Oct 05 2011, 19:17

Yep, pure scum Sad I really hope you get the dog back xX
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05 2011, 23:34

Disgusting angry the world really is a joke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 02:49

How awful, I can imagine how devastated the poor guy who's dog got stolen is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 09:16

That's terrible. Why would anybody walk up to somebody with their pet and offer to buy it? Surprised It sets off Alarm Bells straight away thinking and then for your pet to go missing from your own yard through the disgusting act of somebody cutting a hole in the fence/gate just has me baffled.

Seriously.....what is with people these days?????????????????????

I hope the dog is found and returned safely back to it's owner ( although from the story I don't like the chances Sad ) and the person responsible gets what THEY deserve. The owner must be beside themselves with worry and fear for their beloved dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 11:24

Aw that's such a shame!! The poor bloke must be completely devastated. I really don't lmow what is the matter with 'people' these days. How on earth could someone justify doing something like that. Unfortunately, I don;t think the man will get his JRT back, but I really hope that by some miracle he does and the dog has not been harmed.

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Thu Oct 06 2011, 11:34

It makes me so nervous when people ask to buy the dog. One time 3 guys were asking about her, and then they were on the phone telling someone else about her as I walked away. We were in sight of the house, so instead of going home, I had to walk (a very confused!) Violet by the gate and round the block. One of them was still hanging about when we got back, so we ended up being out for ages just because I was worried about them knowing where we lived Sad

I don't even understand it because they come up with prices about 5 times what I paid for Violet (to be fair, she was a bargain basement pup that wasn't sold for a profit) so they could easily just buy a dog from a newspaper ad or whatever for much less!
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Oct 06 2011, 13:59

Just be careful Claire, If you are walking through the woods at 9 - 10 at night. I mean its pitch dark now at that time and a woman on her own makes an easy target especially if they are after you dogs.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Fri Oct 07 2011, 22:15

Pure scum pinching folks dogs havent they got a heart.We stand out in the garden with our dogs even though its fenced off.If anyone took my dogs i would die of a broken heart
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 09:55

The more I hear about things like this the less I like people. I had Millie tied outside the local shop once, i was only popping in for a min, and saw her through the door chasing 2 guys past the shop. They had tried to untie her lead and she had went mad at them. they said they were trying to set her free but it really gave me a fright. Tho I was quite proud of my soft lump submissive girl letting them know it wasnt on. no talking

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom0909 Sat Oct 08 2011, 11:40

It's only a personal thing I would never leave my dog outside a shop, I wouldn't leave my phone I wouldn't leave my iPad and if I had kids I wouldn't leave them. It only takes 2 seconds for someone to grab them put them in a car and they r off with ur dog never to be seen again, I don't think it's worth the risk but living London probably has a lot to do with that. And with staffs being high on the list for people to steal makes me even more cautious
Tom0909
Tom0909

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Trixie
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 12:07

I too would be hesitant, but I think it's a personal choice.
I often see a dog tied to a pole outside a shop and I always talk to them and hope the owner wont be long, all the while thinking "I'd be too scared to do that". We did it as kids without another thought, but that was a long time ago. I think here the further away from the city area, the more likely you would see it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 12:25

I know a lot of people wouldnt want to leave them outside a shop, especially with a staffy. I would never do it in the town centre, I've seen a few sitting outside Tesco and thats something I'd never do as it would take too long in the shop and I wouldnt be able to check on her. There are a lot of people have their dogs sit outside this shop I suppose cause it's a small corner shop and never busy. It was only after seeing so many people do it I did. Maybe part of it is that years ago there was dogs sitting outside shops all the time and it was so normal to see that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 12:32

Caroline, I know where you are coming from, it was always so normal and no-one thought anything of it. In fact many people already knew the dog and stopped to give it a pat on the way past. How sad that we can't all relax and enjoy life more. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down