Scary staffie owners

+2
Summerisle
stiofan
6 posters

Go down

Scary staffie owners  Empty Scary staffie owners

Post by stiofan Sat Sep 10 2011, 13:47

I live in an area with quite a few untrained staffies. One guy is very proud of the fact his staffie would "have" my two if it meets them off the lead. Another guy walks his three off lead and they charge about all over the road etc, when he visits friends the dogs are left sitting outside the gate .
I just happen to be 16st, hairy, beardy, tattooed etc so you can imagine the looks i get with my two or maybe it's the hairy tattoed owner people are avoiding? Crying or Very sad Most of the well trained and looked after local staffies seem to be owned by women.
There also seems to be a lot of young dogs who vanish after they begin to grow older and lots of older pups online locally . Recently the pups seem to be getting cheaper, one started at £220 then was offered at £190,£180 and £160 .
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Scary staffie owners  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Scary staffie owners  Empty Re: Scary staffie owners

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 13:59

its owners like these that give the rest of the dogs a bad name they make my blood boil. the dogs have abad rep as it is. it will be these rogue dogs that are breeding and its those pups up for sale. irresponsible dog owners need to be shot

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Sat Sep 10 2011, 14:08

stiofan wrote:I live in an area with quite a few untrained staffies. One guy is very proud of the fact his staffie would "have" my two if it meets them off the lead. Another guy walks his three off lead and they charge about all over the road etc, when he visits friends the dogs are left sitting outside the gate .
I just happen to be 16st, hairy, beardy, tattooed etc so you can imagine the looks i get with my two or maybe it's the hairy tattoed owner people are avoiding? Crying or Very sad Most of the well trained and looked after local staffies seem to be owned by women.
There also seems to be a lot of young dogs who vanish after they begin to grow older and lots of older pups online locally . Recently the pups seem to be getting cheaper, one started at £220 then was offered at £190,£180 and £160 .

The scientific name for those types is *.
Summerisle
Summerisle
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 16:27

Where i live i have too say i have only ever seen good staffy owners, we have a guy two doors down who has a staff n dogue de bordeaux hes in his 50's, the local hairdresser has just rescued a staff there a few more and none are irresponsible never see them out of control.

I think alot of people sterotype people as well as dogs, i know alot off people look at me n the oh n see we are young and give us the look.

I always say you cannot judge a book by its cover.

Where i come from norwich where i use too live i saw a few irresponsible staffy owners but some responsible owners and the majority up there were young people thinking they looked hard with a staffy not under control.

All we can do no matter what sterotype we fit into is too show we are responsible and if they wanna judge i personally have gone past the point of caring i know im a responsible owner.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 16:35

the young "im hard" staffy owners types seem to be reducing around here - there are still some but not as many, they appear to want different breeds now like akitas and the larger types.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 16:40

Very sad, and only proves that bsl is a s*** law and when breeds get banned they will go to the next its a viscious cycle and targeting owners to make sure they are responsible is the only way forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 17:15

Think you have a really unlucky combination , but never mind , I'm verging on a skinhead but as its all grey people realise I'm just trying to ease myself into pending baldness Laughing Just gotta keep moving forward and know that there's a lot of ignorant people out there. My "tough" staffy has spent most of the last week in heat getting cuddles as she's only 14 months old and its the second time she's had to go through it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 17:24

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:Very sad, and only proves that bsl is a s*** law and when breeds get banned they will go to the next its a viscious cycle and targeting owners to make sure they are responsible is the only way forward.

yes.. there is a movie on over here in Australia called Red Dog.. it is about a kelpie that wanders the outback....there was a write up in the Sunday paper last week that people who have flocked to watch the movie are now buying kelpies , and some of the breeders here in WA had run out of puppies!! Makes me so angry!!! These are working dogs..born to run.. not to be cooped up in a suburban back yard... I can just imagine them all dumped at the pound in another year ( or less! ) There was even a vet on the radio the other day that said one of the worse choices for a pet dog in suburbia is a kelpie..they are not city dogs, unless you give them hours of exercise a day. But people have fallen in love with the kelpie in the movie..and they want their own red dog. IDIOTS !!!!!! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Sat Sep 10 2011, 18:41

I think it is more due to where i live, the owners are young men trying to look hard .I just happen to look hard despite years of trying to look cute :-) The last couple of years more Akitas and Husky type dogs have been appearing here and the price of staffies has fallen because they are less "fashionable".
The SSPCA has 66 dogs on their web site and 43 are staffies. There was something in the paper about another charity petition to the Scottish Parliament "Calling on the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Government to investigate and prevent the over breeding and abandonment of Staffordshire bull terrier dogs". Not sure what they could do .
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Sun Sep 11 2011, 11:10

Bob's missus here. My son is 23 with a skin head and is covered in tattoo's. He is a licenced doorman and weightlifter. He currently dead lifts 36 stone so you can get a picture of him in your mind.

He has never been in trouble with the police. He couldn't hold his SIA licence if he had.

When it comes to Sophie, he simply melts. She treats him like a plaything and their favorite game is for him to sit on the floor and let her suck his ears.

He is a gentle giant and worships her.

Go's to show not to judge a book by it's cover.
bobs
bobs
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Sep 11 2011, 12:28

bobs wrote:

Go's to show not to judge a book by it's cover.

Totally totally agree Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Sun Sep 11 2011, 12:45

Oh i agree with you Smile shouldn't have gone on about appearances more the scary actions of some of the dog owners around here. I didn't intend getting another dog after my 14yr old goes but i took the staffies after they were left from a litter of eight that someone bred so they could keep one.They are wonderful wee dogs and i'm glad they arrived .Just found out the bitch had another 4 pups after her son was left in the garden with her by the daughter of the house :-( The adult male is booked in for the snip , better late than never .They are very well looked after and will be great dogs but i can't help this time.
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sun Sep 11 2011, 16:11

I have only seen a couple of staffies up here, and they are owned by older people. There seems to be more collies up here than anything else.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by indigostaffs Sun Sep 11 2011, 17:29

theres one guy round my end that has been causing me problems alately with his Staffy. The dog is only 5 months old but is extremely aggressive with other dogs and evrytime he sees me on the street with my dogs he finds some reason to stop so i have to walk round him while his dog is trying to get to my dogs. He boasts about his dog being aggressive and says that it would be able to take on mine and also told me to keep his dog in mind if i ever wanted a stud dog. The thing is that he always has really young kids with him too and uses them for reasons to stop. The other day i was out with my partner and a friend who had her 17 month old with her and he sped up and crossed the road so that he was in front of us and then stopped and starting just talking to his kids while his dog was going mental at mine, it was clearly upsetting both sets of kids, plus i couldnt just cross the road as he had stopped near a roundabout so i had to more or less walk in the middle of the road to get round him then he started walking again. All the other staffy owners round my end seem to be responsible and even if they have an aggressive dog they make sure its controlled
indigostaffs
indigostaffs
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Colby, Niko, Nyla, Logan, Tigra, Tiamo, Vadre
Dog Gender(s) : 4 Girls, 3 Boys
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content