It's all just one big game ....

Go down

It's all just one big game .... Empty It's all just one big game ....

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 10:31

Hmmmmm, where to start ??????

Well, RoXy is now 8 1/2 months and I just love her to bits.

A couple of small issues i'd like some help / advice with..........

RoXy loves to grab things ( as most pups/young dogs do ) but always grabs things that don't belong to her such as TV remote, newspapers, magazines, socks, shoes, hairbrush etc..... I'm sure you can all relate to some degree. Problem is getting her to release the said items. Everything seems to be just one big game to her and she gets more and more excited and it becomes a game of chase. So.........I either don't give chase and she destroys things, or I give chase and it's on for young and old. ??????? Any suggestions how I can improve this issue?

Same sort of thing "sometimes" when we want to put her lead on. We try to grab her collar and she ducks away quickly making it into a game of chase.

Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

It's all just one big game .... Empty Re: It's all just one big game ....

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 10:44

billy did this a few times he really liked the attachment for the hoover with the brush on the end, he has destroyed 2.

when he took something we just said to him no, and come here and drop and he did, (gave him a treat) now he does not bother with anything except tissues and that is only if they drop on the floor

dont know if this has helped, but the last thing i think you should be doing is chasing her around, she thinks it is a game then.

good luck

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 10:54

I'm sure she does think it's all a game. We are still struggling with this a bit ourselves. Have you tried taking an empty can and filling it with small pieces of metal or rocks. When she grabs something she shouldn't you can shake the can and make a loud noise to scare her. This also keeps her from associating the bad noise with you as well.

For the times you are out or just don't want to carry a can around you could always try a bribe. Ask her "who wants a treat" or the appropriate phrase in your house. Of course you risk her associating bad behaviour with getting a reward but it can work in a pinch espically for the times she grabs something she really shouldn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 11:11

when she gets better at the basic training like sit and stay it will be easier untill then GAME ON LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMissSarci Thu Dec 06 2012, 04:08

I found what works for Tigger is saying "Drop" or "Leave it" & show her a treat, then when she drops it she gets a treat. Smile

LilMissSarci
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Tigeress (Tigger)
Dog(s) Ages : 15 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down