wen should kuma get worming tablets or anything?

4 posters

Go down

wen should kuma get worming tablets or anything? Empty wen should kuma get worming tablets or anything?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 19:07

since her jag's when we 1st got her av not had to get any boosters.. or worming just wondering if a need to or will ano when she's needing them..?

Back to top Go down

wen should kuma get worming tablets or anything? Empty Re: wen should kuma get worming tablets or anything?

Post by Steve Sat Oct 23 2010, 19:55

i deworm my once every 6 months, i'm not sure about booster

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

wen should kuma get worming tablets or anything? Empty Re: wen should kuma get worming tablets or anything?

Post by janey Sat Oct 23 2010, 20:12

Moo has a booster once a year, and worming, I use drontal and its every 3 months also flea treatment I use Advocate and its once a month x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 20:21

hmm think a need get my finger out .. defo need get summit to stop flees shes clean but ye never no . and defo need deworm her asap z

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Oct 23 2010, 20:32

Get on the case hun, it's not cheap but its better in the long run! She maybe clean but its other animals too x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 00:40

im the same as janey worming every 3months and advocate every month and booster every year(iv acctuly paid for boosters for life)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 09:15

I think the advice nowadays is worming every month until 6 months & then every 3 months afterwards. I only deflea if I think there's a problem cause I don't like to use too many chemicals & the annual booster & worming is quite enough to be getting on with. Every couple of days I check for ticks as well, just in case, though I've never actually found one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy_staff Sun Oct 24 2010, 10:13

Drontal is the best wormer to use as it does for tapeworms and roundworms. It can be bought over the couter or you can check out www.vetmedic.co.uk you can usually get them cheaper off there. Other wormers (especially the kind you can get in supermarkets and off the shelf) have a very high resistance and quite often don't contain any active ingredients (praziquantel, pyrantel). Adult dogs should ideally be wormed every 3 months.
Hope this helps Big Grin
Dizzy_staff
Dizzy_staff
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy, Taz
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 11:59

you can give her the booster injections when shes 12 months old, and worm her straight away and then every 3 months after that, i wouldn't worm her every month cause these worm parasites will build up a Resistance to the worm formula, then you will have to give your dog higher strength which can make your dog sick and queasy,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 12:06

the one you use every month is for lung and heart worm and the parisitesw cant get a resistance as they are totally aradicatied before they settle thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 12:13

i was talking about the four most common internal parasites that may effect a dog, roundworms, hookworms, whip worms, and tapeworms shame on you

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Mon Oct 25 2010, 01:28

Janey wrote:Moo has a booster once a year, and worming, I use drontal and its every 3 months also flea treatment I use Advocate and its once a month x

Yep same here, they need boosters once a year and depending on what brand of wormer u use depends on the frequency, my 2 get them every 3 months- giving them to them is so much fun NOT lol.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
wen should kuma get worming tablets or anything? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 10:51

got to say memphis takes his wormer with no prob atall Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 11:07

bigwazza wrote:the one you use every month is for lung and heart worm and the parisitesw cant get a resistance as they are totally aradicatied before they settle thumbs up

We don't get heart worm in the UK, unless a dog has gone abroad & picked it up (I think I'm right there) so we don't need to use it here. Lung worm can be treated with the other worms every 3 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 13:51

heart worm has apparently been intraduced into england through the link with france so iv been told

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 13:56

bigwazza wrote:heart worm has apparently been intraduced into england through the link with france so iv been told
as long as it stays over there and dont come here im not too worried about it rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 14:10

heart worm infestations in dogs are passed on by misquotes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 15:12

Janey wrote:Moo has a booster once a year, and worming, I use drontal and its every 3 months also flea treatment I use Advocate and its once a month x

Ditto to all of the above lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 15:18

Mrs works in asda would any asda dog worming brands be alright or do they all do the same job?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Oct 25 2010, 16:00

i heard booster can sometime kill your dog.... not a fact just what i heard..

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 16:03

bigwazza wrote:heart worm has apparently been intraduced into england through the link with france so iv been told

No, this is a false rumour. Dogs travelling to the UK have to have been treated for heartworm under the pet passport scheme.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 16:29

shane wrote:
as long as it stays over there and dont come here im not too worried about it rolling on the floor

ha shane im planning a visit lol >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 19:08

bigwazza wrote:
shane wrote:

ha shane im planning a visit lol >Smile
no probs warren but you can leave your worms behind rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 19:15

seany boy wrote:Mrs works in asda would any asda dog worming brands be alright or do they all do the same job?
you be better off getting the proper ones from the vets sean, e.g. drontal or parazol, i found these very good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:19

Flee replant..? got stuff , puppy flea repel spot on..? the wee things are tiny a take it you just put some on her back as such and that's it it don't say on it what todo lol !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:22

It should say on the leaflet with it. If I remember right, you squeeze it on the base of the neck, between the shoulder blades, but you have to make sure you part the hair properly & it goes on to her skin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:23

seany boy wrote:Flee replant..? got stuff , puppy flea repel spot on..? the wee things are tiny a take it you just put some on her back as such and that's it it don't say on it what todo lol !!
yeah put it on the back of her neck so she cant lick it off, just run your hand along her neck towards her head and put the spot on liquid on her skin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:36

great cheers, and do this once a month ye ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:38

I only use flea stuff if I think there are fleas present. It's a strong chemical & if it's not needed, why use it?

The wormers are different. They should be used every 3 months because some of them can and do affect humans, especially children, and can severely damage your dog's health.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 23:06

Caryll wrote:I only use flea stuff if I think there are fleas present. It's a strong chemical & if it's not needed, why use it?

The wormers are different. They should be used every 3 months because some of them can and do affect humans, especially children, and can severely damage your dog's health.

ye deff dont use for using sake waste of money and best not to use chems when not needed Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down