Bad day at the dog park

Go down

Bad day at the dog park Empty Bad day at the dog park

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03 2011, 08:21

It all started out so well. The weather was not great so there weren't alot of people there. Azuki, who is Suki's best friend, has a bit of a dog aggression issue. Her handler does like to let her off leash if there aren't a bunch of smaller dogs about. Today there was nobody so they got to play off leash for about an hour. thumbs up

We took Suki for a walk afterwards and she was so well behaved. No pulling and she was listining to all of our commands. Well she saw a bunch of birds she wanted to chase which is pretty normal. The only thing was she managed to get under a wire barricade and then pulled of an escape that rivals Harry Houdinini at his finest. She worked her way out of her harness, gave us a bark and a smile and was off to the races. >Smile

I have been hitting the gym with a vengeance this week after a two week lay off and was in no mood to run. She didn't manage to catch any birds thankfully Big Grin but it did take me about 600 meters to catch her. angry She also didn't have anything to grab on to and thought we were playing a game so she was really hard to catch.

We were walking back to the car and I noticed a dog running around off leash with no handler in sight. I started to give chase and brought some food for bribes. He was having none of it and kept on running. At this point Suki was very excited and wanted to help out. She was straining against the harness also wanted to give chase. I stopped running so she would calm down and managed to get about 200 meters away and then started to run after the other dog. Suki sat down and refused to move waiting on me.

I chased the other dog for about 3 kilometers before I lost sight of him and had to jog back to the car. I hope he is okay and I feel bad that I couldn't catch him but he was very fast and did seem to know where he was going. We will ask about him tomorrow and I hope he was just running home and is alright.

Back to top Go down

Bad day at the dog park Empty Re: Bad day at the dog park

Post by janey Sat Sep 03 2011, 10:50

What an eventfull afternoon! Cheeky Suki escaping, I have learnt one thing that if they want to do something, no matter how impossiable, they manage it Laughing

I too hope the other dog was ok, I saw one not so long back, did the same as you, tried to coax it but it was having none of it, to this day I still don't know what happened, I just pray it got found. Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03 2011, 12:19

What an adventure Surprised

How in goodness name did Suki manage to escape from her harness......Houdini indeed. Glad you managed to get her back on her harness after her "game" of chase.

Hope the other dog has found his rightful place and is ok too praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03 2011, 12:33

I too hope the other dog is home safe and sound, it's a horrid feeling when you see a dog on their own just wandering (especially near a road).
As for the Houdini, little rebel >Smile
Lisa you saw how hard it was for me to get Izzy to come back last week and how fast she can run, it scares me every time she takes off (although usually she comes over rather than darting away again). I would not be able to catch her if she took off like Suki did hypnotised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03 2011, 12:36

hope the other doggie is ok

wow suki escaping from her harness, i would not have been able to run after billy
cheeky girl she just wanted to play

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03 2011, 22:15

I can keep up with Suki for about 100 meters but then she starts to pull ahead. Her recall is pretty good unless there is a bird or something she has decided to chase. Thankfully after her target has gotten away she will look back to us. We,ve tightend up her harness a bit so she shouldn't be able to get loose again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down