Msigler
emily
rascal-girl
7 posters

Go down

Pit Bull "types" in Victoria :( Empty Pit Bull "types" in Victoria :(

Post by rascal-girl Tue Aug 30 2011, 00:12

Just saw this in the news today, so sad Sad
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/new-laws-to-cull-evil-dogs/story-fn7x8me2-1226124880997

This was sparked by the fatal attack on a 4yr old girl by a pit bull cross who ran from it's yard and chased her family members into the house. It attacked her while she was clinging to her mother's legs. Can't even begin to imagine the horror of that Sad However, the owners apparently did nothing except stand back and try to call the dog angry The dog has been put down. Stupid people should not own dogs....period! I can imagine there would have been a lot of chaos, screaming with ppl hitting/grabbing at the dog. How could the owners have let it happen???? And now, the council are on a "seek and destroy" mission to capture and kill all unregistered Pit Bull/Pit Bull Crosses/Pit Bull "types" (whatever that means!) They have set up a "dob in" line where people can report anyone they know with a Pit Bull or dog that looks like a Pit.... Sad

So sad that lives can be lost (human and canine) because of human irresponsibility angry
rascal-girl
rascal-girl
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rascal
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull "types" in Victoria :( Empty Re: Pit Bull "types" in Victoria :(

Post by emily Tue Aug 30 2011, 00:19

Just ridiculous! The owners should have at least pulled the dog back and made it stop. Now the Pit Bull has lost it's life because of irresponsible owners.....and others will. I agree, people like that should not own a dog at all...

Last edited by emily on Tue Aug 30 2011, 02:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
emily
emily
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Pit Bull "types" in Victoria :( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gus & Maybel (Kelly RIP)
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 00:41

family forum banghead

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:00

These things really p**** me off. There are dog attacks all over and the only time it is reported is when it is a APBT or a cross. And then looking at the comments where people say things like "put them all to sleep" really get me boiling. In an attack where any dog kills a human for no good reason I feel that the dog in that case should be put down and the owners should go to prison for several years. I do not think an entire breed should be exterminated. Punish the deed, and the stupid owners, not the breed.

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by rascal-girl Tue Aug 30 2011, 07:17

Like the stupid owners of a greyhound (cross?) that frequently gets out in our area and this morning went for Rascal Sad It came tearing up the street as I was turning into our driveway. What can I do when that happens? How do I protect Rascal?
rascal-girl
rascal-girl

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rascal
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Tue Aug 30 2011, 09:13

Such a sad story! If my dog was attacking someone, especially a child (which they wouldnt I may add!) Id have dived straight in there. My dog, my responsability!

Now lots of poor, innocent dogs have to suffer Sad
four leaf clover
four leaf clover
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Pit Bull "types" in Victoria :( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Aug 30 2011, 09:19

Poor girl & family Sad but surely it just another silly law which can't be enforce. goverment bring out these silly laws to make out they are doing something but really they know it just cant be stop without spending billions & billions

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Aug 30 2011, 09:50

Hence why registering dogs and having licenses doesn't work. Stupid stupid owners Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 10:54

I knew this would happen, they started talking about it straight after the attack. even people getting on the TV saying all pitbulls should be destroyed.

If they are going to do something like this, like investigate dogs put into the 'dob' line, they should not be able to just destroy these dogs, I think if anything they should do a behaviour assessment, if it's obviously a vicious dog, either have it PTS or make sure the owner is educated and agree to restrictions on the dog.

unfortunatly councils n that are too lazy to put in the work. rather just kill someones beloved pet.

sad times Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 11:07

reading the article. its always the dogs that suffer. they say if they are registered they'll be fine, so that is fair enough, but there are ratty people who wont get their restricted breed registered because it costs $80 more than normal regestering.
people are so frustrating and dissapointing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Aug 30 2011, 12:51

How are they going to enforece it? i'm sure australia police as better things to do than look at every dog they see!

i think all goverment live in fantasy land

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 13:15

It's definitely a knee-jerk reaction to the sad, sad loss of life of an innocent child.
I remember in the mid 90's an older lady in Brisbane Qld was attacked ( may have even died, I can't remember the details) and we were made to feel like dirt because my ex owned a pure bred pitbull and we lived in Cairns Qld. We watched him like a hawk as they started changing the laws back then re owning this type of dog in suburbia.
We had a shack out west and my ex decided to do some building out there for 6 months thinking things would calm down but they never did. After 3 months he disappeared and we always felt that someone stole him for dog fighting which broke our hearts as he was such a gentle dog and didn't even know how to defend himself against a wild pig that appeared at the dam one day. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Tue Aug 30 2011, 16:17

It just boggles my mind the way they come up with things like killing a whole breed of dogs for random incidents. A crazy man with a funny little mustache used to think this way also. I just don't understand this way of thinking. There is a registered sex offender who lives one mile away from me and has committed murder. How many like him didn't register? Can we round up him and everyone similar to him and give em a shot of the sleepy juice? No. But they can come and take your loving pet because it looks the same in some way or another to a different dog that did something bad. Silly...

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Aug 31 2011, 00:37

Such sad news about the poor little girl and her family heartbreaking something needs to be done.
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content