Harness/Halti Head Collars

5 posters

Go down

Harness/Halti Head Collars Empty Harness/Halti Head Collars

Post by Lizzie Mon Aug 22 2011, 23:38

I like to walk Harry using a Harness but the ancol one he has just doesn't seem to adjust enough to give a good fit. The trainer I take him to says it looks like his bra has slipped, and I call it droopy drawers! Big Grin Been trying to find a fully adjustable harness online without any luck. Any recommendations please?

Also would like to hear from anyone who has used a halti head collar, the trainer was keen for me to try this but I have reservations about them, and don't like the idea of them looking like the dog is muzzled.

Lizzie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Harness/Halti Head Collars Empty Re: Harness/Halti Head Collars

Post by four leaf clover Mon Aug 22 2011, 23:40

I have used a halti in the past but not on a staff. It was an absolute god send for my Rottie. (who stayed with my ex when we split). I would defo recommend.
four leaf clover
four leaf clover
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Harness/Halti Head Collars Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 01:04

I would definatly recommend it. I use the head halti/halti lead and the halti harness on my lot and they work brilliantly. The head halti is not a muzzle, when there is no tension on the lead the dog can still bite and pante only when the lead is pulled upright does it close the mouth, its a good way to teach them to look at you and to walk on lead by your side, the halti lead is also very affective alot of people don't realise that when a dog pulls them it frustrates them maybe not even noticable to the human but it is to the dog so the dog will pull more (their not going to want to be around that kind of energy), the halti lead you can clasp it around your waist have it long or very short and double clasped to the collar for extra safety.
the halti harness works wonders on my youngest(pup) and my oldest female but not on my male, its also very adjustable. All come very highly recommended by myself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 02:59

I used a Gentle Leader brand Head Collar on my foster Pit Bull and it worked really well, but it rubbed the fur on his snout and left a callous after using it for two months. I have avoided using it with Saxon because I don't want the same to happen. I use an Easy Walk harness for him and it fits pretty well. It is rubbing fur off his arm pits, though. So I guess there is no win for me!

Back to top Go down

Post by volsung Tue Aug 23 2011, 09:48

Lizzie wrote:Been trying to find a fully adjustable harness online without any luck. Any recommendations please?

try these links to harnesses for staffy

1. thestaffordshirebullterriershop

2. www.aecollars.co.uk

3. www.doggytrendz.co.uk

hope this helps .
volsung
volsung
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stash
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 20

http://www.deaconhost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Tue Aug 23 2011, 10:33

I also think a halti's are amazing and we use one with Molly when walking gives you exellent control.

But here what your saying about the muzzled apperance we have had a few people say why has she got a muzzle on an a couple of them were actually dog owners.

But to be honest dont care thats what works best for our dog and anybody who does ask we simpley say its not a muzzle its a halti, not much good as a muzzle lol as it dont stop her mouth opening. Laughing
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by madeira264527 Tue Aug 23 2011, 11:57

Search the Internet for this , Our puppy use to pull like hell , Its a staffy thing pulling our local dog trainer told me , Staffy love to pull , Untill there completely lead trained , Here It Is Its a harness they do It In so many different sizes , And suitable for ALL dogs , Its called NON-PULL Harness , And company that do them are called companyofanimals , There based In uk , It was a godsent for our puppy , Good luck! Smile .
madeira264527
madeira264527
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Keisha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by madeira264527 Tue Aug 23 2011, 12:02

Heres the link , But get your puppy or dog , Measured up at your local pet store, Or measure him/her yourself , Worth getting!

http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/products/dog-training-and-accessories/stop-pulling/nonpull-harness
madeira264527
madeira264527

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Keisha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content