Boarding Kennel or better a Dog Sitter in Glasgow

4 posters

Go down

Boarding Kennel or better a Dog Sitter in Glasgow Empty Boarding Kennel or better a Dog Sitter in Glasgow

Post by maria0077 Sun Aug 21 2011, 07:59

Hi there,
I unfortunately have to go on a business trip abroad in September for 5 days,
does maybe anyone know a bording kennel in Glasgow please?
I looked on the internet and there are couple of them here but I just can't imagine wee Stella locked alone somewhere...it's a terrible thing the trip and I couldn't say 'I won't go' worried
I was thinking if there was anybody who loves dogs I would very much prefer a dog sitter who would either take Stella home or who would come to mine.
I moved here from Dublin in May this year because of my boyfriend so I don't anybody here (except for couple of colleagues but because I work from home I don't know them well really because we don't meet personally and neighbours but the only one who would be possible has a staffy himself and his dog is old and grumpy so it probably woudn't work).
I'd like to have somebody or a kennel just in case ... time out
I checked one of the boarding kennels charge about £12 per day, I could be able to afford to double it just of I knew somebody reliable so she wouldn't have to be locked alone somewhere. She has never had any wrong experience, she is so full of joy and trust and happiness that I'd hate myself to spoil it.
Thanks in advance for any advice or shared experience!

Last edited by maria0077 on Sun Aug 21 2011, 19:35; edited 1 time in total
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Boarding Kennel or better a Dog Sitter in Glasgow Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Boarding Kennel or better a Dog Sitter in Glasgow Empty Re: Boarding Kennel or better a Dog Sitter in Glasgow

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21 2011, 09:20

we have just come back after 3 weeks away and billy went to stay with a dog sitter cause he is still young and did not fancy him being on his own. we have just got him back, he was with 3 other dogs and he is so thin and has a few scars, not too sure what happened will find out later.

I would say unless you know someone who you would trust, i would use the kennels, its not for that long, but some kennels do not take staffys so you might have to do a bit of hunting around.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Boarding Kennel or better a Dog Sitter in Glasgow Empty Re: Boarding Kennel or better a Dog Sitter in Glasgow

Post by maria0077 Sun Aug 21 2011, 10:11

Thanks,
I know about the no-staffy policy a some of those places, it is weird and definitely unfair, I read some older topics here about it.
Stella will be just over 3 months when I go away and it would be from Monday morning to Friday afternoon only...so they shouldn't object against a 3 months old puppy Surprised
I will contact some of them I found on internet, have her vaccinated against kennel cough and I'll see.
Thanks Wink
maria0077
maria0077

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21 2011, 10:55

good luck and let us know how you get on, the kennels we had in mind were £10.00 per night plus food

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by clarke Sun Aug 21 2011, 14:16

hi there i am in edinburgh and might be able to help you out.
i have a 4 month old blue female staffy so they are about the same age.
i dont know if edinburgh is to far away from you.

clarke
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : meisha
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Sun Aug 21 2011, 16:44

Hi,
thanks, that would be great, it is some 55 miles from here to Edinburgh though but I have a car and a sat nav so I think I'd manage Cool
Could I let you know in a week or so please? I'm sure Stella would love it Love Struck
I contacted Safe Paws, they provide something like Home Boarding at homes of their staff but they require 100% house training and Stella can have an acident sometimes though she manages to do it on puppy pads by the door out... I sent them an e-mail and I'll see what they say. Then I found Levernbank Boarding Kennel but they require kennel cough vaccination at least 10 days before so I have to call my vet to ask whether it requires again 2 jabs 2 weeks apart or not. And I'm afarid she would be lonely there...bl**dy trip... nail biting
These 2 options are here in Glasgow.
Thanks a lot, I will keep you posted >Big Grin<
maria0077
maria0077

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Aug 21 2011, 22:56

Im lucky in I have grown up kids so they move in and house/dog sit when I go away but I still worry Sad just cant help it
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster Tue Aug 23 2011, 16:23

Hi Maria, i know a woman in Robroyston G21 that does Holiday Care, Walks etc etc
her email address is shonasark1@gmail.com.
Say that Daniel from DM gave you the info and you will be sorted out Smile
Buster
Buster
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buster
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Wed Aug 24 2011, 10:40

Thanks Tongues
I sent the lady an e-mail and now I'm checking my inbox every 2 minutes to see if there is any response Tongues
I found Hearts and Bones (Erskine) and Nannies For Pets (Bishopton) so I would contact them if this didn't work out.
Fingers crossed nail biting Wink
maria0077
maria0077

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down