following me

Go down

following me Empty following me

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 10:01

well as everyone knows when a dog is hungry it will let you know. its breakfast time and lemmys eggs are cooling but he is impatient and following me round whining and then runs back to kitchen and barks for me to come. that will teach him not to eat his tea if he is that hungry this morning.

Back to top Go down

following me Empty Re: following me

Post by janey Fri Aug 19 2011, 10:09

Laughing yep, that will! Bless him xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 11:04

he is getting impatient ..............I can just imagine his tummy rumbling!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 23:11

well he ate his breakfast but guess what his tea is still sat there and it is now 11pm. he never eats his tea because it is dog food and we are having an argument at the moment. i say he gets dog food but he has other ideas and thinks if he starves i will give in. one of these days he won't even get hisbreakfast then if he's that hungry he will eat his tea. just dont like to see him go without not at such a young age. we will persevere and get there eventualy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 23:43

ooooh watch yourself here, this could be the making of a fussy eater! lol .. trust me i know, vinnie went through this stage and he would go days just picking at his dog food because he would prefer tuna and rice or scrambled eggs etc .. which i would give him because he wasn't eating his dog food.

So i searched high and low for a food he would eat and found one he couldn't gobble it down fast enough .. he still has his tuna and rice at the end of his week as a treat and its great for his coat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20 2011, 00:30

lol. silly picky boy!!! looks like I have been blessed with my greedy boy, he'll eat anything you put in front of him, I have tried many things and there hasn't been one thing he wouldn't eat yet. be it plain dog food to pine apple chunks haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20 2011, 01:34

i made a rod for my own back with him really. we got him at 8 weeks and were told all the pups had been wormed. we took him for his first set of jabs at 10 weeks and he weighed 6 1/2 pounds second set of jabs 2 weeks later he weighed almost 7 lbs so the vet asked if he had been wormed we said yes so she advised to leave him another 2 weeks and see hif he puts weight on whioch he didnt so she gave him a broad sprectrum wormer and the size of the things coming out of him were huge. there were big ones small ones and jellys stuff. took him back after 4 days when he looked clear and she said he had a bad infestation and had never been wormed. she gave him some other medecine there and then and we got more for another few days. she said to build him up give him scrambled egg, chicken and fish. he didnt like fish but loved the eggs and then chicken and we got him mince and chicken liver all of which he lovedafter 2 weeks of meds he started to put on an average of a 1lb a week . we then weened him back onto dog food which he will only eat with duress and is now a healthy 2 1/2 stone 8 months of fussy picky cuddly pest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20 2011, 01:39

cannot stress enough the importance of worming adn flee treatment with our little ones. he was a poorly boy and failure to thrive in a pup is as bad as our children its dangerous and cruel. luckily my wee man is all better but it was a tragedy in the making.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 21:33

well folks its the first day today that lemmy has eaten all his tea. cleared his bowl. he had his scrambled egg for breakfast and then my son took him out for a few hours so between todays exercise yesterdays full day out he has built up that much of an apetite that he couldnt be bothered arguing with me any more fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 22 2011, 22:03

Great stuff, may long it continue! Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 00:55

poor boy had a rough start!! glad to see he's eating his tea, you just reminded me I was supposed to worm Russell a few days ago thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 08:36

jaleeson wrote:well folks its the first day today that lemmy has eaten all his tea. cleared his bowl. he had his scrambled egg for breakfast and then my son took him out for a few hours so between todays exercise yesterdays full day out he has built up that much of an apetite that he couldnt be bothered arguing with me any more fingers crossed for tomorrow.

well done lemmy star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 09:24

hope it's all smooth sailing from now....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 09:35

his apetite is really picking up now. he's nagging for breakfast. i think he may need a bigger portion to eat at each meal time actualy cos he has really been hungry the last few days. YES LEMMY THE EGGS ARE COOKED JUST COOLING THEM FOR YOU SHUT UP !!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum