nervous

2 posters

Go down

nervous Empty nervous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 12:33

When I took skye to the vets for her chip today I noticed (couple of times now) .. She gets pretty nervous when vinnie isn't with her :/ .. She is fine most the time and if new people come she's wanting fuss but cars, loud bangs etc etc she will freeze and pull backwards .. Where as if she is with vinnie she fears nothing haha .. Should I take her out on walks on her own every now and then to get her used to been on her own etc, or?.

Back to top Go down

nervous Empty Re: nervous

Post by Nosipho Thu Aug 18 2011, 12:57

Yes you should! My younger girl has always been around her mum which give her false-confidence. I found the same as you, that she could be flighty and nervy when she wasnt with her. I started taking her out for walks on her own twice a week, and a training session on her own once a week (this is great as it gives them a chance to grow up and mature without relying on the older dog for confort and confidence).
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 13:52

I do the one on one training sessions already, as its a great way for them both to be on there own with my attention .. Smile I will deffo do the 1 on 1 walks few times a ek tho Smile thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 14:16

Don't forget she's only young....Roxy is older than Skye and still baulks at certain things that she's not acustomed to. But, giving her walks by herself sounds like it would benefit too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 15:04

I concur that Skye needs to be able to explore the world without Vinnie around to provide a confidence boost. It's okay for her to look to him for guidance as this is normal but she needs to be able to devolp the self confidence to face the world on her own IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 15:12

yes I agree.
When I take our 2 boys for a walk down the road Jethro is so slow like a turtle. Once he has done a wee and a poo I walk back past our place and put him inside the gate, then I walk the other way with Winston so we can have a decent and quicker walk. ( no offence Jethro! Big Grin ) To start with Winston always pulled back and turned to see why Jethro wasn't with us, as he was that used to walking with him..but now he walks lovely without Jethro. I think it is good for them to do things on their own as in my case anyway, Jethro isn't going to be around forever ( nnnoooooooooooooo..... Sad ) and I want Winston to have confidence to do things on his own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 15:15

Yep i agree with everyone i would still walk her with vinnie at times but definitely walk her on her own regularly to help build her confidence Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 17:17

thanks guys Big Grin .. i may do one day together one day alone .. or together for a few days, alone for a few days .

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Aug 18 2011, 17:25

Thats gonna be a lot of walks!!! Worth it though, I couldn't cope with 2, it would be constant walking!! I'm sure her confidence without Vinnie will grow, she is still a pup. Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 18:01

haha .. oh well its good for me legs haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 02:19

thats what I always think too!! Laughing

I need to keep the weight off because of my dicky knee anyway, and I always think well it's good for the figure as I walk off back down the road again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down