unasked for training advise

2 posters

Go down

unasked for training advise Empty unasked for training advise

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 10:22

i just lemmy out for our usual stroll to feed the ducks and for him to do what he needs to which this morning he thought he would wait for an hour untill we got home so now i have to clean the grass LOL not what i want to say but thought i would share. anyway while out i did the usual quick training bits like you do recall sit and stay and wait. he waits at the road side for me to tell him to go then he goes full extent of the lead round the reservoir but i call him in and make him sit and heel now and again. anyway we were doing the recall and sit when a woman walked past. she told me she was a dog trianer and that she would help me train him and show me how to if i wanted (for a nominal fee of course)and proceeded to give me some advise. well to say lemmy was having a good morning at doing as he was told is an understatement he was excelent and did all the commands without having to be told twice so why did this woman think i needed her help. why did she tout for business with someone that she could see knows what they are doing and with a dog that was doing as he was told. it annoys me when you get unwanted and unasked for advise.

Back to top Go down

unasked for training advise Empty Re: unasked for training advise

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 11:33

Are you sure she was a trainer? did she give you her card? she may have different techniques and believes those are the only techniques thats work. Still very cheeky seens you were doing fine yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Thu Aug 18 2011, 11:42

Everywhere we go someone has something to say about how to train the pup! At least once a day someone tells me to let her off the leash, I say 'She's only 14 weeks, I don't think she'd come back' (as was shown at last nights puppy class), and they say 'yes she would'. How would they even know what my dog who they've seen for less than a minute would do?
linzy
linzy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 12:09

well i think that if we stick to what we know and what they will do (like coming back when you shout the ignorant sodLOL) then we will do fine on our own without busy bodies like this. we take him training every week and flyball every weekend and he is not the first dog we have had so i think by now i have a pretty good idea of what to do. i know this woman doesnt know all that but she could see he does get trained cos i was doin it at the time. some poeple need to butt out and the worst ones i have met have been GS owners they have big heads. all our other dogs were GS and the amount of so called helpful people was ridiculous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 12:34

very infuriating when it happens.

when i first got woody i never wanted to leave him and the girl across the road had just lost her 14 yr old staffy x so offered to have him at hers if ever i was going to be out for more than a few hours. it was very kind of her but it soon stopped the day i got a text off her criticising the way i walked him on the lead...............she had been sat spying on us out of the window watching every move i made!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 14:48

Maybe she was just trying to get some easy business? If a dog is already trained there wouldn't be much left for her to do other than collect money.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Aug 18 2011, 17:57

jstaff wrote:Maybe she was just trying to get some easy business? If a dog is already trained there wouldn't be much left for her to do other than collect money.

Agree, cheeky mare!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down