From 1 extreme to another

5 posters

Go down

From 1 extreme to another Empty From 1 extreme to another

Post by flounder Wed Aug 17 2011, 10:58

Summer has stopped waking so much in the night god bless and has only been waking me up at 6am, which was not brilliant but better than 1am, 3am, 5am and so on. Yesterday she didnt wake me up until 8am which got me a bit worried, but we were all awake til midnight the night before, so thought it was ok. This morning she got me really worried, we went to bed at 11pm last night and she didnt wake up at all, i woke up at 9.20am this morning, shot down the stairs worrying like mad and she is yawning in the cat bed (she has taken it over, poor cats) i called her over to me and she shot out the bed tail wagging, so excited to see me bless her, picked her up and gave her a love, she really worried me. She was happy enough, just me being a silly mommy, she ate her breakfast in the usual way, chasing her bowl round the kitchen floor, knocking all the cats flying who are in her way.
Does the worry ever stop, please tell me I'm not the only mommy/daddy who is paranoid.
flounder
flounder
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Summer
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

From 1 extreme to another Empty Re: From 1 extreme to another

Post by Steve Wed Aug 17 2011, 11:03

Laughing Laughing it does stop

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 12:16

You will get used to it and learn when the right time to be nervous or worried is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 14:41

It stops (to an extent) eventually!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 14:52

ah the joys of owning a puppy..they keep us on our toes don't they !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Wed Aug 17 2011, 15:04

I'm still in the paranoid stage - if she stops grunting and 'haaaaahmph'-ing in her crate at night, I have to go check that she's still breathing.
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Aug 17 2011, 16:37

Shes only a tiny baby! She will get knackered easily and not always just with physical exertion, thinking and learning tires out their poor little minds something rotten! I liken it to 2 years old children, who wear themselves out so much they can practically fall asleep on their feet!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 18:04

Caryll wrote:It stops (to an extent) eventually!

Agree lol, it doesn't FULLY stop lol .. well not for me anyway haha, i worry about them from, falling up the stairs, off food, stung by ants etc etc etc etc .. when i get grey hairs it will be because of my dogs! haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 20:30

lemmy has always been a good sleeper. he woke a few times when we first got him but i picked him up and cuddled him and so he soon settled in and slept allnight. now at 8 months his nightly routine is as follows. mad run round the hiouse jumping on everyone for 15 minutes abdout 10:30 then 11:00 bed time in his own bed in the ktichen. 3-5 am move onto the sofa in the room but only with a fleecy blanket over it first (so i get woke up for that) 5-6 am cuddle time so he comes onto the other sofa and goes back to sleep cuddled up on my knee with both my arms round him (second time i got woke up) 8am start to fidget as he starts to wake up (waking me up again) 9am will egt up go out for wee then go back to his own bed in the kitchen. by this time i am up and dressed and so he will stay in his own bed patiently waiting for me to grab the harness and lead to take him out to feed the ducks. home and by this time the house is full and so its play time. 2pm afternoon nap for a couple of hours in his own bed in the kitchen. then its up again and out to play on the field or park (depends who takes him) home for tea then dads in from work and he plays for another while then its time to start chilling out untill the whole routine starts again. i dont worry if he sleeps more i relish the lie in myself will be glad when my back is better and i can lock myself in my bedroom in my own bed where he cant reach me LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Wed Aug 17 2011, 22:18

When i first came on here, every little thing that i was worrying about , i asked about on here and the guys have been great, but now Bruno is 7 months and now i am relaxed with him, dont worry so much. We have a routine like in the morning OH goes down about 6.15am lets bruno out then gets ready for work, then at 7am he feeds Bruno and if i dont hear Bruno barking for his breakfast then i worry but 9/10 he barks, and we're all saying Bruno shut up Laughing So it does get better, to me its like have a little baby Big Grin
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by flounder Thu Aug 18 2011, 09:33

Thanks all, realy need to stop worrying so much, am sure she will get into her own little routine. Also think we will all settle when the kids go back to school and bedtimes are more routine too.
I am gonna have even grey hair with this dog, as if the kids havent given me enough, gonna have to buy a job lot of hair dye!
Thanks again
flounder
flounder

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Summer
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content