i hate it

5 posters

Go down

i hate it Empty i hate it

Post by richyboy111 Sun Aug 07 2011, 23:11

i hate how staffys have got a bad name it really pi**es me off, in the right hands they are the best dog anyone could ask for.i watched a program and it said that they have to turn down 9 out of 10 staffys at the dogs homes because there is so much breeding going on with them because owners want to make a bit of cash then sell them to young people who want a staff as a status dog. then those dogs end up going to kennels. its just a mad circle thats going on.........rant over lol

richyboy111
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blake
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

i hate it Empty Re: i hate it

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 23:20

You're right, in the end it's the poor dog that suffers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 23:44

my brother see's statistics instead of the dog. he was horrified when we got a staffy. we have always had german shepherds but this time thought we would have a change. i think my wee man is lovely and if my brother doesnt like him then he knows not to walk in my door.

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Aug 07 2011, 23:51

Before i got milly i went to have a look at some staffy pups at this House.not far from where i live i couldnt believe what i saw dogs just being bred for money.The mother of the staffy pups had been rescued by this woman from the rspca when the staff was around 7 weeks pregnant.Bascially she only wanted the pups so that she could make money.She even told me that as soon as the pups were eating solids that she was getting rid of the mother.And she told me i could buy her if i wanted for 100 pounds.and she said you can breed her again if you want. what does this woman think the dog is just a money makin machine.Any way i didnt buy a pup of her.I wasnt giving that evil woman a penny of my money.I dont know what happened to the staffy.I just hope she found Someone to love her not just want her to make money out of her.When i think of that poor staff it makes me cry Crying or Very sad
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by richyboy111 Mon Aug 08 2011, 00:50

yeh there is a video on you tube about status dogs, this is the link to part 1. if you get into it you can watch all the other parts...it even shows a staff that has basically been used as a breeding machine...its a sad thing but sadly this is an every day thing Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6jIJz93J28

richyboy111

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by richyboy111 Mon Aug 08 2011, 00:52

you can see how bad its getting by watching this from 2minutes 10seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhCky5yqu7Y&feature=related

richyboy111

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 00:54

Poor dogs it's only them that suffer in the end Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 00:56

richyboy111 wrote:you can see how bad its getting by watching this from 2minutes 10seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhCky5yqu7Y&feature=related

I've seen that show before it's aweful Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 09:59

i have often wondered why Lemmy was the last one in the litter to go. we got him from a family who had a bitch and then they got a male puppy. when the puppy was a year old they were going to get him DONE but when he was 9 months old he caught the bitch and they had 6 pups. 5 went but Lemmy was the last and he couldnt get anyone to take him. he was only charging enough to cover the vets bills he was a decent fella. they were going on holiday in a couple of days and he was beginning to panic a little because he had sorted the boarding kennels for the adults but not the pups. we took Lemmy home as soon as we saw him but i often wonder why he was the last to go and why he had a hard time finding him a home. the man said if anyone sounded a little suss when they called he told them all the pups had gone because he was frightened of the dodgie ones taking them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 10:54

*In the UK, a staffie is put to sleep every 80mins. That's 126 per week, 6552 per year*
KC should stop all breeding for a couple of years, just as many registered dogs end up in kennels these days or even worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 11:01

MissRogue wrote:*In the UK, a staffie is put to sleep every 80mins. That's 126 per week, 6552 per year*
KC should stop all breeding for a couple of years, just as many registered dogs end up in kennels these days or even worse.

Although registered pups/dogs do end up in rescue, by far & away the biggest number are non-registered or staffy crosses. So the Kennel Club suspending breeding wouldn't make any difference whatsoever. In fact it would make it worse because the back yard breeders would flourish.

Supply & demand.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 08 2011, 11:06

Its just so sad. I think if people thought a little more before buying, and looked into rescuing, and if people didn't breed for money, or to carry on there dogs name (shaking head at that one), If staffs wheren't a status symbol, to be honest there are so many factors to it.

All we can do is educate people Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 08 2011, 11:09

MissRogue wrote:*In the UK, a staffie is put to sleep every 80mins. That's 126 per week, 6552 per year*

stop breeding for a few years could wipe out the breed you have to remember staffy avg age is 10, must dog in recuse are type / cross breed.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 11:13

over here the pounds, rescue centres and gumtree are full of staffy crosses ( and numerous other cross breeds ) desperately needing a decent home.. it is so sad.... Crying or Very sad

it is the same everywhere by the sounds of it.... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 11:13

janey wrote:
All we can do is educate people Sad

I'm always saying just that - education is the key. Places like this forum that tell it like it is, with the pitfalls of breeding and buying from back yard breeders.

Steve wrote:

stop breeding for a few years could wipe out the breed you have to remember staffy avg age is 10, must dog in recuse are type / cross breed.

The kennel club have no control over the vast majority of breeders. If they refused to register litters for 2 or 3 years, it would deny the breed some extremely good stud/brood dogs/bitches and would increase the amount of byb's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 08 2011, 11:15

I'm just saying if there was some type of ban on breeding it could wipe out the breed. i'm not really talking about the kennel club.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 11:23

Dog registrations should be mandatory then, back yard breeders and buyers should be prosecuted, because it is almost as much the buyers fault as it is the breeders.
but who will police it?
no money for them to police the people never mind the dogs.
I heard somewhere it is the rescues fault because they put so many unwanted litters and dogs down, accidentals breeders fear this and sell or give away rather than take to a rescue center.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 12:17

MissRogue wrote:Dog registrations should be mandatory then, back yard breeders and buyers should be prosecuted, because it is almost as much the buyers fault as it is the breeders.
but who will police it?
no money for them to police the people never mind the dogs.
I heard somewhere it is the rescues fault because they put so many unwanted litters and dogs down, accidentals breeders fear this and sell or give away rather than take to a rescue center.

Oh, Claire, I wish there really was some way of making the byb's legally responsible for the pups they sell on without any thought as to their welfare. If that were the case a lot of the dogs that end up in rescue centres would never have been bred - and that's exactly what we want.

But unfortunately it would be impossible, even if there was a law in place, to police this. There will always be those owners whose bitches 'accidentally' get mated & have an 'unplanned' litter!

I wouldn't hold the rescue centres responsible, though. Maybe they do put down perfectly healthy dogs/puppies, but sometimes I wonder what people expect them to do with them otherwise. Sad

Back to top Go down

i hate it Empty dog breeding

Post by i love leah and lois Mon Aug 08 2011, 13:01

Im sorry i carnt watch the you tube video it will be two upsetting for me Sad I love staffys so much they are my Favourite breed.Ive wanted to own one for years but my kids were all still young at the time i would trust a staffy with a small child.It was my kids i didnt trust Laughing Teasing etc....And now they are all grown up i finally got my little Milly and are going to get another at some point Love Struck
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster Mon Aug 08 2011, 13:13

jaleeson wrote:i have often wondered why Lemmy was the last one in the litter to go. we got him from a family who had a bitch and then they got a male puppy. when the puppy was a year old they were going to get him DONE but when he was 9 months old he caught the bitch and they had 6 pups. 5 went but Lemmy was the last and he couldnt get anyone to take him. he was only charging enough to cover the vets bills he was a decent fella. they were going on holiday in a couple of days and he was beginning to panic a little because he had sorted the boarding kennels for the adults but not the pups. we took Lemmy home as soon as we saw him but i often wonder why he was the last to go and why he had a hard time finding him a home. the man said if anyone sounded a little suss when they called he told them all the pups had gone because he was frightened of the dodgie ones taking them.

the bloke i got buster from was VERY edgy of me, because I'm a young lad, but after i spoke to him a few times, showed him my new garden and everything i had sorted for the pup he was at ease, he wasnt caring much for getting them new homes, he wouldnt of minded keeping them(4) but its a horrible circle and doesnt look like its going to stop anytime soon Straight Face
Buster
Buster
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buster
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 08 2011, 14:20

its just how people are these days i said 50% people in the uk aren't fited enough to bring up kids! this is the problem, I say get out of the human rights act, bring back capital punishment, national service, caning and the rest!

that is the only way of sorting this problem out!

Last edited by Steve on Mon Aug 08 2011, 16:32; edited 1 time in total

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 08 2011, 14:30

there no repect for anything these day and that main problem in our society!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

i hate it Empty dog breeding

Post by i love leah and lois Mon Aug 08 2011, 21:23

These people who are breeding dogs all the time the folk i mentiond in my last post.Are middle aged adults who Shoud know better.That house i went to see them staffy pups had every dog of every breed rottveillours alsations.jack russells and lots more.She recently had a ad on gumtree she was selling jack russell pups.she should Be ashamed of herself.making money in this way.Ive nothing against people breeding dogs.But one or two litters should be the limit.
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 21:28

Caryll wrote:In fact it would make it worse because the back yard breeders would flourish.

Supply & demand.

I agree 100% with this. The problem is the BYBs and accidental litters, NOT the responsible breeders trying to further the breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 22:04

Steve wrote:its just how people are these days i said 50% people in the uk aren't fited enough to bring up kids! this is the problem, I say get out of the human rights act, bring back capital punishment, national service, caning and the rest!

that is the only way of sorting this problem out!

Nobody has the right to kill. Caning only ever taught that violence is the answer to problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 08 2011, 22:07

what do you do caryll it getting worse every year?

look what happening in london kid burning down build for just the sake of it.

please dont say talking to people becasue we been doing that for the last 10/15 years and it has not work!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 22:13

Steve wrote:
please dont say talking to people becasue we been doing that for the last 10/15 years and it has not work!

No, I agree 'talking' to them doesn't help. I don't have an answer, but I can't see that capital punishment works (we still had violent crime when there was hanging & the USA have loads of violent crime, even in the states that still have capital punishment). Same with caning - did you get caned at school? Did you resent it or think "Oh, I really deserved to get hit hard with that long cane, I've really learnt something from that!" All you learnt was that you needed to be more careful & not get caught next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 08 2011, 22:20

there be always crimes there no way of stopping it but nothing like what happen in all over london, Birmingham, leeds and the riots could be happening in nottingham soon my sister may have to be go into work. these are kids who doing this! 15/ 17 year old there was lad just on tv and he didn't look more than 10 years old, something has to be in place to make these kid think twice before burning down an 200 year old build

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 22:21

Whether its the professional breeders or the backyard breeders at the end of the day if they love this breed so much they would stop breeding and stop sending their own pups and dogs to the freezers, Its disgusting, they say they want to better the breed but they are not, their ending up in the wrong hands and they know it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 08 2011, 22:26

MissRogue wrote:Whether its the professional breeders or the backyard breeders at the end of the day if they love this breed so much they would stop breeding and stop sending their own pups and dogs to the freezers, Its disgusting, they say they want to better the breed but they are not, their ending up in the wrong hands and they know it.

it's the society we live in, nothing going to change till the society does, dont mater you ban breed bring in licences it willn't change anything.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 22:30

MissRogue wrote:Whether its the professional breeders or the backyard breeders at the end of the day if they love this breed so much they would stop breeding and stop sending their own pups and dogs to the freezers, Its disgusting, they say they want to better the breed but they are not, their ending up in the wrong hands and they know it.

The byb's couldn't give a damn about bettering the breed, just bettering their bank balance! And to me, 'professional' breeders are only one step up from byb's!

The ones that care are the dedicated show breeders who only breed one or two litters a year at the most. I know that the woman I got Bandit from (ok, I know she's now back in the USA) had three brood bitches, and she only ever bred one or two a year, and each bitch would only be bred every other year at the most. The top kennels don't breed much, but the pups they do breed are good quality & they are really careful who gets them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 23:17

I agree it is the society Steve that needs changing and this country is questionable at best, I can't believe what is happening at the moment its barbaric, i'v seen wild animals act more civilised.

Caryll
I am sorry but the amount of genuin good breeders are out numbered the other professional breeders so they both have a license to breed or kc reg but they simply do not care anymore, all breeding has gone down hill through the years and it is getting worse.
aka breeding for looks rather than health...wtf is wrong with these people (their jsut as bad as abuser.)
and they know it and yet they do nothing.
The KC know what is happening and they don't give a crap nor do their breeders because their mutts getting killed not "their registered champs" so they do not care.
KC is supposed to promote good quality breeding all the inbetween mutts can get washed away for all they care.
All i am going to say is if people love the breed as much as they claim to, no matter the breed, you'd try all you can to save every last one, not just the champs but they just don't care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 23:27

MissRogue wrote:The KC know what is happening and they don't give a crap nor do their breeders because their mutts getting killed not "their registered champs" so they do not care.re.

The Kennel Club is doing something. They are promoting the ABS (The assured Breeders Scheme) which sets out various 'rules' of breeding. People need to be educated to choose these breeders over others so that they know that the dogs they are buying are healthy and well bred.

The Kennel Club is also promoting "Fit for Function" in pedigree dogs & is insisting on more & more health testing for stud dogs & brood bitches before litters can be registered.

MissRogue wrote:KC is supposed to promote good quality breeding all the inbetween mutts can get washed away for all they care.

All litters will contain a mix of 'quality'. Some will be show quality, some won't. The breeders who join the ABS are those that will ensure (as far as is humanly possible) that their dogs go to good 'forever' homes whether they are show quality or not.

However, whether the dogs are show quality or not, all the pups should be healthy because of the mandatory health tests. More are being added almost weekly with various breeds. DNA tests are being perfected for many hereditary problems and are being implemented by those breeders on the ABS register. What more do you want the kennel Club to do? DNA tests are very expensive to develop, and take some considerable time, and many test dogs to get. They are going as fast as they can.

This makes it sound like I don't think the KC can do any wrong - that's rubbish. I have criticized them over many things in the past. But I don't think the amount of dogs in rescue is the KC's fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 08 2011, 23:35

I'm not KC biggest fan but this isn't there fault.... the society we live in as to be blame.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09 2011, 17:09

Well said, gem.

Back to top Go down