Care for staffys as she ages

2 posters

Go down

Care for staffys as she ages Empty Care for staffys as she ages

Post by Ctaylor Wed Mar 06 2024, 23:56

Hello all,
I just joined. I have a female staffy called Bella who is 8 years old next week. I've had her since 8 weeks. I have been searching for tips on how to care for her as she gets older, I know 8 isn't old yet but I want to be ahead of time incase there is anything I can do now.
She normally eats chicken and rice or biscuits, with peas or carrots, or some variation of. She gets treats too, possibly too many, but she's a healthy weight. She still likes long walks although some days now she wants to stay in, I always give her the choice.
Any advice on how to give her the longest life possible would be appreciated.
TIA

Ctaylor
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Care for staffys as she ages Empty Re: Care for staffys as she ages

Post by Polo'sdaddy Thu Mar 07 2024, 07:26

Hi, I'm new myself having joined because my 12 (ish) year old staffy has started having seizures, shakes and loses his balance but walks ok.
I haven't got anything helpful to add other than wish your dog a long and happy life.
I'd maybe add some fish to her diet but I'm no expert and mine eats anything and everything.
8 years old is still youngish for a staffy, my boy Polo was still flying round at that age and has always loved walking.
I know exactly what you mean about giving her the best and longest life possible 💓

Polo'sdaddy
Polo'sdaddy

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down