New. Skin issues. Marlene K

2 posters

Go down

New.  Skin issues.  Marlene K Empty New. Skin issues. Marlene K

Post by Marlene K Sun Jul 16 2023, 16:01

Ivy is my second Staffie with a boxer pit mix in between. She's developed bumps all over her body like bites but no bugs. She's bathed weekly with an antifungal shampoo for yeast detoxification and given Nzymes.com supplements for that issue. These bumps started about a month ago and look like bites. However, I just had an allergic reaction to meds and thought they were insect bites, too. My first staffie, Anastasia, had skin issues and that's when I discovered the Enzymes.com supplements. I spent a year seeing a vet dermatologist with Anastasia and she pumped her full of antibiotics causing an extreme yeast problem. Her tummy was covered with that black greasy growth from yeast. Knowing what it was, I asked another vet his opinion. He looked and scratched and said it was dirt!!! I'm sick about this again but will continue the detoxification. Her feet get pink and inflamed like Anastasia so I'm spraying her with oxygenated spray which helped Anastasia. Those of you who are familiar with these skin issues know there's a horrible odor as well. Marlene K

Marlene K
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

New.  Skin issues.  Marlene K Empty Re: New. Skin issues. Marlene K

Post by Caryll2 Mon Jul 17 2023, 08:25

Hi & welcome.

Oh dear, what a horrible thing to be happening!

Firstly, what colour is she? Secondly, what do you feed her? Thirdly, have you taken her anywhere new, or have you changed my cleaning brands?

I would be a bit concerned about the frequency of bathing , you could be irritating her skin?
Caryll2
Caryll2
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New.  Skin issues.  Marlene K Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dempsey RIP & Badger RIP
Dog(s) Ages : RIP & RIP
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlene K Sat Jul 22 2023, 03:08

She's in a yeast detox. Using antifungal shampoo which is very moisturizing along with natural supplements from Enzymes.com. Pits, Staffies are known for skin issues. I give her Nutra Source ProVita Chicken with ancient grains and some chicken breasts or hamburger occasionally. Had this with my first Staffie in 1997.

Marlene K

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll2 Sat Jul 22 2023, 07:32

I don't know about pitbulls but Staffords aren't particularly known to have skin issues, at least not in the UK.

What colour is your staff?

Are you absolutely sure it's a 'yeasty' thing going on?

If it's only just started recently it could be something has changed - cleaning (household) products, air fresheners, even a slight change to her food.
Caryll2
Caryll2

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlene K Sat Jul 22 2023, 23:55

When I adopted her, I recognized the putrid odor on her blanket and immediately ordered the supplements from Enzymes.com. Once you smell it, you don't forget it. Her feet are swollen, lesions on some inside areas, pink and a little bloody in some areas. Have started applying Bacitracin and ordered little nonskid socks for her. My first Staffie's feet got like this everytime she walked on grass. Had to spray her feet whenever she came back indoors. This is so frustrating!!! Ivy's feet were fine til about a month ago. I'm asking God for wisdom so I know what to do. ❤✝😘

Marlene K

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll2 Sun Jul 23 2023, 06:14

What colour is she? Have you used any new detergents/cleaners in the house? What food do you give her?

I feel that the bathing is excessive. You'll be drying her skin out which will make things worse. You could try a little apple cider vinegar either on her food or in her drinking water - it's known to help with yeasty problems.

Have you actually seen a vet with Ivy? I know you don't want to go down the same route as Anastasia, but you can explain your views to a good vet & they'll listen.
Caryll2
Caryll2

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down