Blue and blue parents

3 posters

Go down

Blue and blue parents Empty Blue and blue parents

Post by LittleCrab Mon Jan 23 2023, 07:01

Hi! I’m looking to get a puppy and I found one who is blue from both blue parents. Being uneducated as I was, I didn’t know about dilute gene etc. Is it really a great risk to get a pup from two blue parents?

What’s the newest scientific evidence on this? I read an article on this page, but it’s from 2012, so I’m curious if there is any new evidence about this.

LittleCrab
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Blue and blue parents Empty Re: Blue and blue parents

Post by Caryll2 Mon Jan 23 2023, 10:58

Well, I've seen several articles, but I doubt that there's been scientific trials to prove/disprove problems.

I have two concerns about pups from blue x blue parents...

1. There certainly IS evidence that CDA (not just in Staffords, but in many other breeds) is a reality. It's not common, but not uncommon, either & can take many different levels of severity, including complete baldness with thickening of the skin, which can cause severe irritation.

2. Breeders who only breed blue to blue are doing so for the money, with no concern for health. I know that's a sweeping statement, but pure blues sell extremely well & there's really no other reason to breed them like that!

Just my take on it! Blushing
Caryll2
Caryll2
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Blue and blue parents Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dempsey RIP & Badger RIP
Dog(s) Ages : RIP & RIP
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by gideon Sun Sep 17 2023, 05:50

Breeding to colour is uneducated at best and irresponsible at worst. Type and temperament are the golden rule. All dog breeds have suffered from breeding extremes. In the Staffords case it is the preference for blue and and an overly heavy build. Few remaining true types left out there. Want to see what real Staffordshire Bull Terriers used to look like? Check out Knightwood Oak kennels, true all purpose dogs.https://ofknightwoodoak.chiens-de-france.com/staffordshire-bull-terrier.html?fbclid=IwAR1de87K-6Spbkxu7f8cssxVjlwuUH8_Vnps5asvJIpXETeRTeyUcP44Mts

gideon

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down