New Rescue Staffy X

2 posters

Go down

New Rescue Staffy X Empty New Rescue Staffy X

Post by OliverR123 Wed Dec 19 2018, 23:39

Hi there, me and my family have decided that we are going to rehome a Staffy in the new year. The specific dog “buddy” is a great character and very very playful and active and not aggressive in the slightest. Some may say he’s slightly mad which is why I am slightly apprehensive about bringing him back home. So far he hasn’t reacted to dogs by barking or anything like that however he does pull on the lead and jumps up to give you kisses. He’s very excitable and incredibly friendly which is one of the main reasons why we gravitate to him so much. He is just shy of a year old so he’s still only young therefore we are confident that whilst keeping him excited and stimulated we can neauture him into how we would like him to behave. Obviuosly this will take time and patience and we have all that to give.

My main reason for posting this is to see if anyone else has had a dog like buddy and if I’m normal to feel slightly aprahensuve about him coming home with us! I’m so excited obviously but maybe I just need a bit of reassurance.
Thank you

Oliver

OliverR123
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

New Rescue Staffy X Empty Re: New Rescue Staffy X

Post by gillybrent Thu Dec 20 2018, 06:24

Hi & welcome.

It's normal to feel a bit apprehensive, "will he fit in", "can we train him", "will he love us" etc.

But the answer to all those questions is "YES!". Don't expect instant miracles, though. It will take him a little while to slot into a routine with you. Just be firm but fair & kind,&if you have any problems let us know - we'll be happy to help!

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down