Raw on holiday

2 posters

Go down

Raw on holiday Empty Raw on holiday

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12 2015, 14:53

For the first time in 10 years (!), my husband and I are going on holiday together and we're taking the dogs. We're not going till October, so plenty of planning time, and one thing I'll probably spend ages trying to figure out is dog food. I can't exactly pack the car with Landywoods bags so I'll need to find an alternative.

The problem is we're going to France and I can't find anything at all approaching raw dog food in any supermarkets on line.

Has anyone encountered and overcome this hurdle?

Back to top Go down

Raw on holiday Empty Re: Raw on holiday

Post by Bane Thu Feb 12 2015, 22:28

Ooo France sounds nice!

Are you flying? Would it be possible to purchase meats once you get there? I understand it may work out more expensive, but not sure how raw meat would be handled at customs or the like? Sorry I don't have any experience :/
Bane
Bane
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bane
Dog(s) Ages : 13th August 2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13 2015, 08:02

We'll be going by the Tunnel, it's so easy for the dogs. And (shhhh) it looks more likely that Millie will be staying so that's 3 of them to snuggle in the boot together.

For 1 we might stretch to buying from a butcher but 3 I think would be too expensive, especially as Chaos appears to eat his own body weight per day. One option, of course, might be to take no clothes for ourselves and fill the car with dog food...

Seriously, the only things I can think of are a) just sticking them on complete food for the week, after all it's only a week, or b) taking some food with us and buying some there, and maybe bulking out with biscuits. Which would you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by shegsy Fri Feb 13 2015, 12:46

And (shhhh) it looks more likely that Millie will be staying so that's 3 of them to snuggle in the boot together.

Great news Liz Love Struck
Sorry, can't help with food problem, fingers crossed for Millie tho.  She is so lovely and you both deserve each
other Love Struck

r
shegsy
shegsy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Stella RIP angel
Dog(s) Ages : 04/2001 - 08/2014
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 328

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13 2015, 20:09

It'll probably be a while till we finally decide - there's no hurry and I've still got stuff to work through - but it's getting closer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane Fri Feb 13 2015, 21:09

Aw that would be great news for her Smile

Hmmm...with 3 dogs you'r car will be pretty full to start with! Laughing Would you be able to squeeze a few ice boxes with maybe just minces in? That way you can pack it in tight with no bulk items like bones. But that is still a lot of meat to take for a week!

If they are happy to eat the biscuits I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world for a week. And it would mean that you wouldn't have to worry or stress about where to find extra if you ran out.

What part of France are you going to?
Bane
Bane

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bane
Dog(s) Ages : 13th August 2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 332