8 week staffy

3 posters

Go down

8 week staffy Empty 8 week staffy

Post by GASMAN Mon Jun 20 2011, 07:17

i have a 8 week old male staff.

im in the process of toilet training but its becoming very hard.
he wees 20 times a day!! is this normal? my bitch done just 4-5 a day at that age.

thx

dave

GASMAN
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

8 week staffy Empty Re: 8 week staffy

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 20 2011, 07:28

Hi Dave, Yeah this seems like allot of pee's your puppy is doing, I am not an expert that is for sure but in comparison to Stanely (thats my puppy) that is allot of peeing. It might be worth a trip to the vet to make sure your boy does not have an infection not trying to frighten you just a thought. confused

Maybe wait for some other responses and see what they come up with. For what it is worth Stanley would pee about 10 times a day, some dogs pee more often when they are nervouse or scared I have been told.
cowboydave
cowboydave
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20 2011, 08:32

I never counted how many times either of my two went.
Is he drinking a lot of water? I don't want to alarm you with anything medical sounding. Maybe you could ring your vet and ask their advice as I'm not sure what is considered normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevali Mon Jun 20 2011, 12:10

When Archie was passing water alot. I took him to the vets.
Stevali
Stevali

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Archie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20 2011, 12:43

They're all different! My last boy hardly peed at all! Dempsey, my current boy, was a terror, he'd pee everywhere, as often as he could!

All I can sugest is that you take him outside every hour and if he wees outside give him LOADS of praise. If he wees inside, then just take him outside - don't make a fuss, just clean up the accident. Try using a trigger word such as "wee" or something like that and as soon as he goes outside, say "Good boy wee" and gives lots of fuss and maybe some treats.

I take it he'll be going to the vets soon for his innoculations, so if you're worried about the amount he's weeing you could mention it then. But don't forget that pups have very little bladder control at his age, and if he's drinking a lot (which he probably will in hot weather) then he will also wee a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20 2011, 15:41

well speaking from experience.. we just took Jethro and Winston for a walk down the road..( it was about 9 pm ) Winston did 2 little wees. We got home and I went and had a shower.. Winston sleeps near the bathroom....and I have newspaper spread out there as it is where he normally goes to the loo if I don't put him outside first thing in the morning. Well he came and did another wee while I was in the shower then went back to his bed. When I got out, he came in again and licked my feet ( tickles! ) and guess what.. he did another little wee on the paper. So he is a real little piddle pot!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20 2011, 15:45

Piddle pot Vanessa??? Love it Laughing

My boy used to wee loads when he was small, up until about 6 months when we finally go him house trained.

It can be such hard work sometimes, but if you follow Caryll's advice, and are patient and consistent, he'll get the hang of it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down