crate

2 posters

Go down

crate Empty crate

Post by chez Mon Jun 13 2011, 10:13

ok when we go out we have now got ace a bigger crate but when we leaves his water in there he tips it out and spills it everywhere and gets all freaked out.... i,m only leaving him 30mins at time todo school run as he was coming with me everywhere and we was making sure there was someone in house but he is getting more silly about us going anywhere.... i cant go to loo with out him freaking out and chewing his bed up as he still in playpen during day (hoping vets say's 2moz he can be allowed out) what would u do about the water? and him freaking out when i leave him? he was bad enough before his leg but its worse now.... x
chez
chez
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ace
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

crate Empty Re: crate

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 11:22

he should not need any water if you are only going out for 30 mins
hopefully once he can be let out, then he will be less frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post by chez Mon Jun 13 2011, 12:36

i think thats his problem his not having a good run like he used to....

will he be ok? as felt bad not leaving him with any :\
chez
chez

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 12:43

He'll be absolutely fine if its just for half an hour. Give him a drink when you feed him in the morning and he'll be fine with none while you do the school run.

Hopefully when he gets into a good exercise routine when you've got the all clear from the vet, he'll calm down. It must be very frustrating for him being cooped up. I know mine would go crazy if he couldn't go out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 12:48

Ty always tips over his food bowl and water bowl....its really annoying! I bought one of those really heavy cooking dishes, he cant knock them over now lol. x

Back to top Go down

Post by chez Mon Jun 13 2011, 13:27

he is going crazy! his chewed everything and anything.... he has no toys left as his chewed through the lot! lol not even his konck was safe! gone through 3 beds and now on his 4th... he ate his lead and coller as i left them in his reach! oooop's! cant wait to go for a 5 min walk! Smile
chez
chez

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 13:34

once he starts getting regular walks again i am sure he will be fine, all that pent up energy and no where for it to go

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Mon Jun 13 2011, 13:34

chez wrote:he is going crazy! his chewed everything and anything.... he has no toys left as his chewed through the lot! lol not even his konck was safe! gone through 3 beds and now on his 4th... he ate his lead and coller as i left them in his reach! oooop's! cant wait to go for a 5 min walk! Smile

Get a few kong toys.Tiley loved her puppy kong it helped keep her busy and another good thing is a nylabone.
Staffy
Staffy
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
crate Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.

Back to top Go down

Post by chez Mon Jun 13 2011, 13:43

Staffy wrote:
chez wrote:he is going crazy! his chewed everything and anything.... he has no toys left as his chewed through the lot! lol not even his konck was safe! gone through 3 beds and now on his 4th... he ate his lead and coller as i left them in his reach! oooop's! cant wait to go for a 5 min walk! Smile

Get a few kong toys.Tiley loved her puppy kong it helped keep her busy and another good thing is a nylabone.

thanks will have alook for one of those nylabone Smile
chez
chez

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 13:51

we have a hoof from billy, ordered off the net he chews that, he has had it for 2 weeks now, the nylabones dont last 2 mins. dont know what animal it is from and try not to think about it

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 15:49

Get the largest size nylabone or a black kong (or both!) and they should last a long time!

I never leave water in a crate because of just that reason, it gets knocked over & then the dog has to sleep on a damp bed.

As most of you know Dempsey is a serial chewer - even now he'll chew things up & he's 2 years old - so his crate has a vet bed at the bottom and an old army blanket on top. That's it. He had several foam beds, all of which were destroyed in a couple of days at the most.

I make sure that the blanket completely covers the vet bed because the vet bed's fleecy & he eats it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 15:51

Dempsey ..... you rascal !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 15:52

That isn't quite what I've called him from time to time..................

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 16:04

censored !!! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down