Recommendations for rear car seat cover please

+2
Kathy
Lizzie
6 posters

Go down

Recommendations for rear car seat cover please Empty Recommendations for rear car seat cover please

Post by Lizzie Tue Aug 12 2014, 14:42

Can anyone recommend a rear car seat cover please (I have a large car). I'm going to Dartmoor for a few
days with Harry and would really like to be able to cover the back seat to protect it from muddy paws  Smile 
Prices seem to vary considerably and I'm hoping to get something reasonably priced but also strong enough
for a staffie  Wink

Lizzie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for rear car seat cover please Empty Re: Recommendations for rear car seat cover please

Post by Kathy Wed Aug 13 2014, 10:55

My hubby recently adapted an old picnic blanket into a rear seat cover, thankfully we have a sewing machine which was a real help. Will try to get a pic of it some time.

Maybe try a charity shop for some blankets or sheets that you could use or even an old curtain may do the job.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for rear car seat cover please Empty Re: Recommendations for rear car seat cover please

Post by michellemartin Thu Aug 14 2014, 14:58

We just bought ours from eBay, about 8 quid each and attach to the headrests. I'm sure you can get much better quality if you want to spend more money but they are waterproof and stop the seats getting muddy so they do the job!! Smile xx
michellemartin
michellemartin
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog(s) Ages : 8 months
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14 2014, 18:27

I got a cheap one which fits on the headrests it does the job. I reckon the ones that fit over the front seats too are probably the best idea

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Water-Resistant-Protector-Cover/dp/B006E0R8EQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408037189&sr=8-1&keywords=dog+seat+covers+for+cars

Back to top Go down

Post by djstratton Thu Aug 14 2014, 20:30

We just picked up one that looks exactly like this -> Recommendations for rear car seat cover please 41BE-eFfejL
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rear-Seat-Cover-Dogs-Monster-Covers®/dp/B00C428UGS/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1408044241&sr=8-10&keywords=dog+seat+covers+for+cars
Picked it up from the one of those Chinese stores that has everything and paid €10 and so far it's done a great job. Easy to put on, take off and clean.

Those hammock style ones look great too.
djstratton
djstratton

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Marquez
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Aug 14 2014, 21:36

You can get a whole set from argos, its universal and covers the rears as well as the fronts. a friend has just got one after a £100 valeting bill  Surprised 
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by angus n mia Fri Aug 15 2014, 13:17

i picked one of the head rest one from aldi for a fiver it clips on to front and rear headrests stops any dirt going on the back of the seats as well
angus n mia
angus n mia
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : mia
Dog(s) Ages : 27/07/13
Dog Gender(s) : girly
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15 2014, 15:38

djstratton wrote:We just picked up one that looks exactly like this -> Recommendations for rear car seat cover please 41BE-eFfejL
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rear-Seat-Cover-Dogs-Monster-Covers®️/dp/B00C428UGS/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1408044241&sr=8-10&keywords=dog+seat+covers+for+cars
Picked it up from the one of those Chinese stores that has everything and paid €10 and so far it's done a great job.  Easy to put on, take off and clean.

Those hammock style ones look great too.

We have leather seat so just clean them after ale very outing but my son had the same as this Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Fri Aug 22 2014, 19:59

Thanks guys, I bought one of the hammock style ones from Amazon
and so far I'm really pleased with it. Sorry for the delay in replying,
I have been away to Edinburgh for the Tattoo and Festival for a few
days. Hope Harry will forgive me for leaving him at home but I will
make it up to him in Dartmoor next week  Big Grin 

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down