Upset stomach.

2 posters

Go down

Upset stomach.  Empty Upset stomach.

Post by Lynn&Pete Mon Aug 04 2014, 14:15

Since day one Theia has only eaten one brand of food. We've never had a problem with her stools and she's only vomited once. Late last night I let her in the garden she had a normal movement and as I was picking it up she had a very runny one followed by another a few minutes later. She then vomited 3 times in 5 mins, the 1st being almost just kibble the last just fluid. She then settled down and slept all night. I think she was empty by then! She's a bit quiet today, we've not fed her, she's had a little water and nothing from either end.
We went to Lynns parents yesterday and she got to their dogs bowl before I could stop her. Little Jack gets some Sunday lunch with his food and I think this may be the cause. The only non-dog food Theia has had is cream cheese to plug a kong.
Now I'm thinking we've made a mistake by not giving her other bits and pieces or by not adding extras like sardines to her food.
But then again maybe it wasn't that, and it's just a little bug or something.
Does anyone else avoid giving their dog human food? Does a dog need to build up a tolerance to it?
Pete
Lynn&Pete
Lynn&Pete
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Boson
Dog(s) Ages : May 2017
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 262

Back to top Go down

Upset stomach.  Empty Re: Upset stomach.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04 2014, 14:22

Darcy is a Hoover! She'll try to get whatever she can, I avoid it as she's raw fed, but I know the kids sneak her bits and pieces!! Perhaps theia has a bug or it could have been the hooman food or gravy to rich perhaps. Hope she's back to her normal self ASAP xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by peppa Mon Aug 04 2014, 14:31

Maybe she had a sun stroke? But peppa just loves human food from day 1. It's very hard to say no when she looks at you with those puppy eyes but she's having quite healthy things that can dino harm so I don't really mind except when I stay hungry...
peppa
peppa
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : peppa
Dog(s) Ages : 28/10/13
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down