annoying behaviour

2 posters

Go down

Surprised annoying behaviour

Post by rico24 Sun Jun 01 2014, 22:09

Hey
So at 14 months old weve got alot of the bad habits nearly under control but what seems to happen is it takes a tiny thing to make her hyper and the problems start.
In the garden shes attached to a long line so to make things better and give her more space i got a tie out stake. So tried it today n flung her toy for her but she came at me growling and jumping and going for my shoes!!! Which shes not done in a long while, shes always done it a bit on walks when she gets too hyper and bangs off the lead growling but iv tried pet corrector spray, saying no, et etc etc and usually iv got to try and grab her collar and talk to her to calm her. Its the one thing im worried about cos its quite unpredictable.
Anymore siggestions to curb this
rico24
rico24
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
annoying behaviour Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Surprised Re: annoying behaviour

Post by Rachel33 Sun Jun 01 2014, 22:32

Hey, have you tried standing completely dead still and ignoring her completely when she does this? It sounds like over stimulation again, so further stimulation (talking to her, moving your feet, shouting etc) will only stimulate her more. A low key response, or no response at all may help. Literally be a tree lol, stand as still as can be, cross your arms and don't look at her, keep your expression blank and stare into the distance!
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down