does any1 elses dog only go up n the stairs jus 1 side?

5 posters

Go down

does any1 elses dog only go up n the stairs jus 1 side? Empty does any1 elses dog only go up n the stairs jus 1 side?

Post by staffygalkezXX Sun May 29 2011, 22:15

when i go up n down the stairs n blayde is followin me (nearly all the time!) he will only stick 2 one side- meaning he always stays on the left goin upn the right comin down. in the past hes sqeezed at the side of me wen iv been on his side. i no it sounds stange... but jus wonderin if any1 elses dfog is ther same!? thinking
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

does any1 elses dog only go up n the stairs jus 1 side? Empty Re: does any1 elses dog only go up n the stairs jus 1 side?

Post by Deverill Sun May 29 2011, 22:18

My staff used to do the same and she used to barge me out of the way so she could stay on the one side. Oh the amount of times I nearly fell over her!

Deverill

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tizzy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

does any1 elses dog only go up n the stairs jus 1 side? Empty Re: does any1 elses dog only go up n the stairs jus 1 side?

Post by staffygalkezXX Sun May 29 2011, 22:29

strange aint it! i jus try 2 remember 2not walk down his side cuz id b on my bum else lol
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Deverill Sun May 29 2011, 22:34

That's what I just did, or just wait and let her get ahead of me so she doesn't try to barge me on the way up or down.

Deverill

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tizzy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 00:33

up to yet mine wont use the stairs, he just acts like he can't, i mean he can use stairs he does else where but wont go up or down ours even if we tempt him to thinking strange animal

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Mon May 30 2011, 14:34

haha Laughing i taught blayde 2 climb the stairs wen he was a pup, it took a while but wen he did i was so proud cuz it was like a mountain 2him! it was 1 thing bein able 2climb up but anuva thing comin down, i had 2 carry him or sit half way n he'd slowly hop down Smile he frightens me now wen he does go down cuz he goes that quick- im constantly sayin "careful blayde" lol
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 14:42

we have tried teaching him and still are but he just cries at the bottom of the stairs thinking strange dog

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Mon May 30 2011, 14:55

aww Smile mayb u cud try usin his favourite treats n sittin a couple of stairs up n jus do it bit by bit. cheese tends 2work 4 blayde Smile
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 15:25

yer we have tried with treats, toys the lot but he wont even try. Maybe he will when he's older i don't know

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Mon May 30 2011, 15:48

We live in a bungalow so Polly had never seen stairs until 2 weekends ago aged about 14 weeks, when we were visiting our son and daughter at their house. Polly saw us going up the stairs and followed slowly the first time, I had to carry her down as she sat at the top crying, the next time she went up she was much more confident but still wouldn't come down on her own, and then my daft son sat half way down blowing raspberries at her and making other silly noises and she just flew down the stairs one foot per step with her tummy just skimming them to get to him, and after that she was fine. She tended to go up the middle rather than either side though. Next visit I will watch her and see what she does Big Grin
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Polly, Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 30/1/11 & 15/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Mon May 30 2011, 22:11

Laughing Laughing Laughing aww thats so cute!n can i jus say wot an ace avatar that is of polly, she looks so gorgeous! is she a blue?
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Mon May 30 2011, 22:15

Bruno's never been upstairs as we have a stairgate between the kitchen and hall due to the cat's food being in the hall. But we had 2 rough collie's when i was younger and they used to go on the left and down on the right Laughing
Bruno311210
Bruno311210
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Tue May 31 2011, 10:18

staffygalkezXX wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing aww thats so cute!n can i jus say wot an ace avatar that is of polly, she looks so gorgeous! is she a blue?

Aw thanks, she is a gorgeous little girl and we love her to bits, she is very dark brown with straw coloured brindle markings, but they are changing to a lovely dark brown/red as she gets older. My demented daughter who also has dark hair has had lowlights the same colour as her new markings rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Polly, Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 30/1/11 & 15/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Tue May 31 2011, 13:06

lmao Laughing coool! yeah she is beautiful x
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 31 2011, 14:43

Polly Pocket wrote:
staffygalkezXX wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing aww thats so cute!n can i jus say wot an ace avatar that is of polly, she looks so gorgeous! is she a blue?

Aw thanks, she is a gorgeous little girl and we love her to bits, she is very dark brown with straw coloured brindle markings, but they are changing to a lovely dark brown/red as she gets older. My demented daughter who also has dark hair has had lowlights the same colour as her new markings rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Demented daughter, now thats just charming Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down