Simi
Kathy
hells85
Staffy lover
Bane
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

dangerous dogs on itv thurs 9.00 - Page 2 Empty dangerous dogs on itv thurs 9.00

Post by markrobo Wed Mar 19 2014, 08:14

First topic message reminder :

Another program on about irresponsible dog owners showing the number of dog attacks in the UK so everyone with a bull type dog will be tarred with the same brush sick of these idiots ruing it for us dog lovers
markrobo
markrobo
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : beau
Dog(s) Ages : 12 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 99

Back to top Go down

dangerous dogs on itv thurs 9.00 - Page 2 Empty Re: dangerous dogs on itv thurs 9.00

Post by willowthewisp Sat Mar 29 2014, 16:39

i agree with many of the points made by yeahbut someone with some sense needs to change the law it is crazy as it stands and that is what frustrated me most about watching the programme and the sort of people that can just use and abuse any living creature whether its because they are crazy lazy or just out to make money and i may be stereo typing but they all looked to be on benefits to me!so do u think when they are selling each pup for £50 that they declare that to the social (i doubt it) the programme highlighted many wrongs and failures with the law but maybe a follow up programme is needed on how we can all unite to stop this from carrying on! i may have been abit harsh on the guy who got upset when his unregistered pitbull was seized but i understood it to be that someone had reported him? and the dog was returned and his lesson learnt! but that horrible woman that let her dogs poo in the house that cried because the pup was being taken away i have NO sympathy! defo overkill with the amount of police for one pitbull again crazy they must of been having a slow day! the programme angered me upset me and scared me but im happy that to me it didnt make staffies (or type) look bad just humans!!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
dangerous dogs on itv thurs 9.00 - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : willow and chester
Dog(s) Ages : willow 3 years chester 2
Dog Gender(s) : willow female chester male
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

dangerous dogs on itv thurs 9.00 - Page 2 Empty Re: dangerous dogs on itv thurs 9.00

Post by Rachel33 Sat Mar 29 2014, 17:45

Did the male pit bull owner knowingly buy a pit bull type dog? So often their sold as staffy crosses and with the inconsistency of the law it's often difficult to know what's a pit bull and what isn't. Even trained rescue staff that I've worked with have been sure that a dog will pass, yet they have failed and been put to sleep? Sad Agree that the other girl was at fault, but people don't always know..
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sat Mar 29 2014, 20:12

willowthewisp wrote: defo overkill with the amount of police for one pitbull again crazy they must of been having a slow day! the programme angered me upset me and scared me but im happy that to me it didnt make staffies (or type) look bad just humans!!  

That's the issue IMO if she hasn't complied with the insurance etc what's to say there isn't more than one dog in the house can sit up and watch for intell as much as you like chances are the dogs would never leave the house anyway and it could be set on the officers attending there would be hell to pay if the dog got loose and injured some one, much rather have too many there to contain the dog/dogs if needed than not enough. Either way dogs in their own home, protecting their owners who are distressed and angry become even more unpredictable

Rachel33 wrote:Did the male pit bull owner knowingly buy a pit bull type dog? So often their sold as staffy crosses and with the inconsistency of the law it's often difficult to know what's a pit bull and what isn't. Even trained rescue staff that I've worked with have been sure that a dog will pass, yet they have failed and been put to sleep? :(Agree that the other girl was at fault, but people don't always know..

Ai I noted they mentioned what I was told on my 'type' input training that a jack Russell sized dog once fell into type based on the measurements I would think if it was reported then that was probably an aggressive dog but it kinda shows how ludicrous the testing method is
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp Sat Mar 29 2014, 21:42

not sure what post i put on but with the issue with the lady that had not kept up her insurance she said "shes my only protection" then get a dog that is not banned!!! she knew her dogs breed and did not keep up with the law as it stands i personnally dont think any dog should be banned any dog can be a danger through whatever circumstance mainly it comes down to human irresponsibility! and yes i have watched a video of an out of control pitbull that attacked several officers which ended very badly but it just goes to show in general the sort (type) of people that have these banned (type) of dog are the general owner that shouldnt really be in charge of any dog!! chester was adopted by myself as a staffy puppy but it was obvious to me and the foster carer that he was a mix of something else and after much research and vets and trainers opinions he is a staffyxamerican bulldog (he has so many traits of AB) but could be mistaken for a (type) and i have had many issues with his behaviour but i train and re enforce continuously but he is hard work and know if he had gone on a different road could be a completely different dog with someone else! i believe he was meant tocome to us willow who we adopted a year earlier from rspca had a brother called chester (named by staff at rspca, staffy rescue named chester, not me)ive kept both their adoptive names , both have only one black claw on same foot same nail not sure on fate but as i say to my daughter all the time "if something happens to lilly (my grandaughter) its our fault and only our fault!! just be a responsible owner and thats all you can be !
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : willow and chester
Dog(s) Ages : willow 3 years chester 2
Dog Gender(s) : willow female chester male
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackjames Wed Apr 02 2014, 08:23

I watched some of it but had to turn it over when they was about to put the pitbull down on camera that bit broke my heart as the pit was so playful and excited he had no idea what was coming.

The woman that had a house full of staffies and breeding them as if they was going out of fashion needs putting down herself. I think it should be law to be licensed to breed dogs.

I work with a bloke who has a gorgeous staffy who he 'shows' and he does breed but he chooses carefully who he studs his dog out to, generally to people who aim to show the dogs too, he also charges a fair amount.

Jackjames
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by rico24 Wed Apr 02 2014, 16:05

I watched a tiny bit n was too upset by it!

So unfair how everyone judges those with a 'scary' staffy......jeezo mine is scared of bins......how hard and macho staffys are NOT!!!!!
My mum was like oh god cos ours is mouthy still n a bit dominant and im like right turn it over.
rico24
rico24

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2