my cat is missing

4 posters

Go down

my cat is missing Empty my cat is missing

Post by ROO Tue May 24 2011, 21:38

hi all is there any cat people on here, to cut a very long story short our tom cat has gone missing hes a year old hes been missing 48hour at 12am tonight we have searched all over asked people everything been in vets to check if hes been handed in and even spoke to council clensing department (sorry if thats spelt wrong ) to see if hed been run over we are starting to think hes not coming back hes only been going out 2 weeks and he only ever stayed in the bark yard this is not like him at all its like he has vanished into thin air has anybody got any idea if he could come back or any ideas on what to try next thanks for any advice

ROO
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : ROO
Dog Gender(s) : girl
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

my cat is missing Empty Re: my cat is missing

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 22:01

You poor thing, you must be so worried. I've never had a cat, but my sister's had them for years. Her first one, Dylan, used to disappear for days at a time & then suddenly return. We never knew where he'd been, although we did hear that some neighbours had been feeding him thinking he was a stray! Being a tom, they often go off in search of she cats & will travel quite a way, I think.

Why not put some 'lost' posters on the telegraph poles near you, with a pic of him. Someone may have seen him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Tue May 24 2011, 22:41

hi thanks for the reply Smile yeah we are very worried about him he is loved so much and ROO is missing him too we are really hoping he comes back we have checked every were all the other cats that are normally about are here but not ours thats a very good idea thanks about putting posters up with a picture of him i will do that tomorrow i have put one up in our front window and on on our back gate in hope someone spots him or has seen him thanks for your advice and will keep you posted as to what happens Smile

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed May 25 2011, 01:28

I had a cat but sadly she was pts 3 years ago at the ripe old age of 27.
I remember she went missing and I put up posters I was searching the streets but she came home 2 weeks later so thin I was sure she had been locked in a shed or garage somewere ask all yor neighbours to check sheds. Hope he finds his way home soon
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Wed May 25 2011, 06:50

Hi

Sometime they do go for a wander, but mine hasn't done it yet...............

Yes i would put up poster of him, but also put on there asking for people in the area to look into their garages,sheds etc, cos if a cat want to rest somewhere in the shade away from the sun, a shed etc is an ideal place for them to hide.

Hope you find him Smile
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 17:23

hope you find your cat !! it must be worrying for you..

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Wed May 25 2011, 20:31

I hope he turns up! My friend had a cat that went missing for 6 months.. My cats are only indoor or on leash so I have no personal experience.
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 23:02

I dont have cats but had them when i was little and they used to go off for days then come back when there stomachs were calling! lol
My mate has 5 and the one goes away for up to a week + ! then comes back .. i cant have cats because id work myself up everytime they went out id be worried untill they came back lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26 2011, 21:35

Its very normal for toms to go out for days on end, especially once he gets used to his territory, I wouldn't worry its what they do he is probabilly hanging around some she's house or he is getting stuffed full of food off of another person as cats can never be owned (they own the owners) and tis very common for cats to have more than one family, keep doing what your doing, calling vets/pound/council just to check, leave some food out.
A good way to find out if your cat is coming back to yours without you knowing, is to stick a camera up watching where you leave the food.
I wouldn't worry yourself to much though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Sun May 29 2011, 03:36

Thanks Everyone hes back yay he came back at 2am yesterday morning very hungry and thirsty, we had been for a walk round at 9pm and my hubby thought he had spotted him he went to go see but he ran off, we came home and just waited and at 2am we heard a cat at the back door opened it and it was him thanks for all the advice Smile Smile

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 03:57

great news... I am so happy for you!!

if he isn't desexed you might have to get him done to stop him wandering again!! Wonder where he had been??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down