my two have started digging !!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

my two have started digging !!!!!!!!! Empty my two have started digging !!!!!!!!!

Post by niff Sat May 14 2011, 12:13

recently moved house , my two have took to digging holes in the grass all over the garden ,, 7 so far , cant figure out why they are doing it , private let house aswell so cant really have them digging all over the place ,. needless to say they cant be left unsupervised in the garden now which is a bit of a pain ,,, any advise on why they might be doing it or how to get them to stop welcome Smile
niff
niff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

my two have started digging !!!!!!!!! Empty Re: my two have started digging !!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 14:40

Oh I feel your pain. My young Roxy has started digging too (she's only 5 mnths so i s'pose it's part of puppyhood) then trots around the yard leaving dirty footprints all over the paving.

Back to top Go down

my two have started digging !!!!!!!!! Empty Re: my two have started digging !!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 15:03

Lisa I saw you had posted and I thought "oh good" now I might get some advice till I remembered you have a 5 month old Laughing
We moved across to Perth from Adelaide last Oct and lived in the hills during the very hot summer and there were many holes dug in the very sandy soil (didn't happen in Adelaide with a puppy last year). We blamed Izzy as we caught her a few times, but we thought our girls were just trying to find somewhere cool to lay down. We've now moved down to the burbs and guess who I found digging behind the shed the other day.....? Naughty "old" Kita!! She was having a wonderful time and coz she's so deaf these days she didn't even hear me walking up behind her, grrghhh!!
I'm sot sure if it's a stress thing due to the move(s) as Kita has never been a digger. Izzy is also destroying all the watering system - new pipes and "vicks" has helped with that dilemma this last week. We have given them so many new toys over the last weeks and bones and anything I can think of to try and keep them amused while we are at work and I'm almost at my wits end at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 16:07

woody "digs" on thne sofa - the boy is obsessed. i'll be watching this for tips on how to stop it!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat May 14 2011, 16:09

nicolalouises wrote:woody "digs" on thne sofa - the boy is obsessed. i'll be watching this for tips on how to stop it!

I don't have a garden but Moo does this too, she digs up her blanket, its really odd!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 16:14

janey wrote:
nicolalouises wrote:woody "digs" on thne sofa - the boy is obsessed. i'll be watching this for tips on how to stop it!

I don't have a garden but Moo does this too, she digs up her blanket, its really odd!

once he starts he wont stop. everyhting else he seems to be growing out of but this just seems to be sticking around

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Sat May 14 2011, 16:17

bloomin woman highjacking my post ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Big Grin
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat May 14 2011, 16:18

Laughing soz
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 16:37

niff wrote:bloomin woman highjacking my post ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Big Grin

Sorry niff, didn't mean to hijack. I seriously need some idea as well as we are back in the rental merry go round since we moved to Perth.
Cheers Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat May 14 2011, 20:37

When a dog scratches on the ground especially when its been to the toilet its for the scent so maybe cause you have moved to a new house its there way of movin in a little dig here and there, not sure though?
And if you give your dog a blanket say they dont really like it straight and flat they like to have like a nest so they scratch around so to make a lump to get in does that make sence.
My advise would be firm and tell them off as soon as they start to dig about and see if you can change the need for lanscaping the garden
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Sat May 14 2011, 20:48

yeh ,, thats what ive been doing since hole 1 , just keep at it ,
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shane dee Sat May 14 2011, 21:45

niff wrote:recently moved house , my two have took to digging holes in the grass all over the garden ,, 7 so far , cant figure out why they are doing it , private let house aswell so cant really have them digging all over the place ,. needless to say they cant be left unsupervised in the garden now which is a bit of a pain ,,, any advise on why they might be doing it or how to get them to stop welcome Smile

thats staffys for you,if their destroying things their digging up the garden Laughing
shane dee
shane dee
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : jasper
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15 2011, 01:12

niff wrote:bloomin woman highjacking my post ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Big Grin

Blushing Blushing Blushing

I heard somewhere a while ago to bury there poop poop poop in the hole to stop them digging there again, but don't know whether this would discourage or encourage them ????????? 'spose they'd just go and dig somewhere else if they don't like it

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Sun May 15 2011, 15:09

ooo i know where u comin from, my jake does that, but its always in the same spot in the garden, and i know theres nothin buried there (well i hope not). Molly doesn't bother, my garden is wrecked and i'm in a private let too, gonna put down some weed control and slab it i think that would be the easiest!!!!

Wee horrors lol xx
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
my two have started digging !!!!!!!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down