which is best..

3 posters

Go down

which is best.. Empty which is best..

Post by hollymolly Wed Jan 15 2014, 23:19

Which Glucosamine & Chondroitin tabs are best for my girlies ... The reason for asking is i have always given my other dogs human Glucosamine tabs but now my vet reckons dogs can't digest our tabs properly and should really only be on Glucosamine HRI and not the sulphate one's .. So i just wanted to know what tabs you give your dogs if they are on joint tabs ... Am really confused now  confused ..xx
hollymolly
hollymolly
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

which is best.. Empty Re: which is best..

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16 2014, 00:00

Glucosmine needs to be taken with chondrotin and MSM, also vitamin C helps the body to absorb glucosmine

The HCL is better then 2KCL as the dogs body absorbs it better.

Do you girls suffer with joint problems or are you doing it as a preventative, as there are many other things you can give instead/aswell

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Thu Jan 16 2014, 14:54

ella wrote:Glucosmine needs to be taken with chondrotin and MSM, also vitamin C helps the body to absorb glucosmine

Do you girls suffer with joint problems or are you doing it as a preventative, as there are many other things you can give instead/aswell

Hiya ella ... No my girls don't suffer with joint problems really but Sky had a problem with one of her knee cap's recently as it popped out and she was limping .. the vet said her knee cap often goes in and out but this one time it didn't go back in as per usual which is why she was limping .. the vet said to put her on joint tabs and to only use the HCL one's and if she has more episode's of it that she would need an op to correct it but luckily she hasn't had any more problems and she's been on Yumove for approx 3 mnths now ... Am guessing i should just keep her on these maybe ..

Also Inca took a knock to her knee whilst pegging up some steps and it used to affect her when she's had a sleep after a long walk but once on the Yumove aswell it seems to not bother her really ..xx
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jan 16 2014, 20:35

These are both already contained in Rockys kibble so we haven't started to give extra dosage yet. At what age should they have the extra dose ?
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Thu Jan 16 2014, 21:29

My gsds used to have glucosamine and condroitin from healthspan.co.uk and found they delivered quickly and my vet reckoned they both had good joints esp at 13
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17 2014, 03:18

hollymolly wrote:
ella wrote:Glucosmine needs to be taken with chondrotin and MSM, also vitamin C helps the body to absorb glucosmine

Hiya ella ... No my girls don't suffer with joint problems really but Sky had a problem with one of her knee cap's recently as it popped out and she was limping .. the vet said her knee cap often goes in and out but this one time it didn't go back in as per usual which is why she was limping .. the vet said to put her on joint tabs and to only use the HCL one's and if she has more episode's of it that she would need an op to correct it but luckily she hasn't had any more problems and she's been on Yumove for approx 3 mnths now ... Am guessing i should just keep her on these maybe ..

Also Inca took a knock to her knee whilst pegging up some steps and it used to affect her when she's had a sleep after a long walk but once on the Yumove aswell it seems to not bother her really ..xx

Definitely keep her on Yumove then or similar (mobile bones is also good) as they get great reviews.

Sounds odd i know but have you thought about giving them turmeric on their food? it's great for loads of things but is anti inflammatory and helps their joints - just a heaped teaspoon a day would be good along side their other bits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum