Headed Overseas

3 posters

Go down

Headed Overseas Empty Headed Overseas

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 16:33

Tomorrow, I leave for Finland. I'll be in Finland for two months living/visiting with family and taking classes. I can't believe the trip is already tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous all at once. I can't wait to get there, and I wish I had a little more time till I leave. I'm so conflicted!! I love Finland and everything about it. I love the shops, the open air markets, the ocean, the friendly (but not overly friendly) people, the clean air and lake water pure enough to drink! I just can't help but be nervous, though. The Finnish classes I'll be taking are Finnish for Foreigners and my mom says that all the skeevy men taking the class will want to marry me so they can be Finnish and American citizens, hopefully that is outdated info and the men will leave me alone! She said to watch out for the Spaniards and the Italians, I told her "No need to worry, I've already got my own Italian at home!" Hehe! Besides, I think there are probably less Europeans looking to become Finnish citizens now that most European countries are part of the EU (anyone have any thoughts on this?) I'll be in a foreign country for two months (even though I lived there for three years when I was little, it's still foreign to what I'm used to now)where I don't speak the language well, away from my boyfriend, parents and pets, living with my grandparents who don't speak English well. I'm sure I'll be fine, but I'm still nervous!!

Back to top Go down

Headed Overseas Empty Re: Headed Overseas

Post by janey Fri May 13 2011, 16:46

That is scary but amazing fun at the same time, I bet you'll love it and the time will fly, you've always got us lot to talk too anyway lol!! How much are you going to miss the pets though, sorry I shouldn't have said that!! What are you doing it for anyway or have I missed something? Good luck x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 13 2011, 16:47

wow Big Grin can i come along

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 16:56

have a lovely time, I am sure it will fly by, it's a fantastic opportunity

keep us posted on whats happening and also some lovely pictures of finland

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 20:01

Have a great time you will be back before you know it xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 22:16

Janey, I going to visit family and to better learn the language (I'm taking two Finnish courses which I will get credit for at my uni). I'm a dual citizen with Finland and the US, so I should really be able to speak Finnish better. I'd also like to be able to communicate with my grandparents, who don't speak English very well.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri May 13 2011, 22:24

Thanks, it will be great, . I have cousins with duel passports with America and England, but they live in Canada. Never got it, not my strong point! So what uni course will it help with and with what country. I'm just being nosey now x x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 23:57

I'm just taking Finnish courses but they will count as general electives towards my Psych degree (which I'm hoping to get next Spring). Don't worry about being nosey, I do it all the time!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat May 14 2011, 00:06

Good luck hun, it'll be great x x x still don't get all the split passports, hope you can stay intouch x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat May 14 2011, 00:15

Have a great time, enjoy every moment Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 00:39

How exciting, but daunting at the same time. It'll be a great experience for you. At least you have family and a place to stay while there.

Oh......how are you gonna last for two whole months being away from the beautiful Saxon (and your BF, family and friends of course)

Good Luck, and have fun

xo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 03:19

janey wrote: still don't get all the split passports, hope you can stay intouch x
I don't really know how it works, either. I am a citizen of both countries, I have two passports and that's about as far as my knowledge of it goes! I'll try to keep in touch, though I won't have as many pictures and stories to share!

It will be tons of fun, but I am certainly going to miss my pets and my boyfriend and family. It's going to be tough to be away from them. I haven't been away from the boyfriend for more then 2 weeks since we started dating 3 years ago! And I talk to my mom on the phone almost every day! This will be a tough one, but I know I will have an amazing time!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat May 14 2011, 09:44

Have a safe journey Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 14:23

I'm off!! I'll try to check in whenever I have internet access. And I'll share any Saxon updates that the boyfriend emails me! Have a great weekend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down