my two staffies have just had a massive fight while I was walking with them with each other

+3
Kathy
Steve
lindypeno
7 posters

Go down

my two staffies have just had a massive fight while I was walking with them with each other  Empty my two staffies have just had a massive fight while I was walking with them with each other

Post by lindypeno Sun Jan 05 2014, 15:32

Please help I do not know what to do, my two staffies have just had a massive fight with each other and I have separated them at the moment, I have been covered in blood and i am shaking like bad....this was an awful fight in the fields while out walking, I had to put my hands in between them to stop them and drag them off from each other. They were both running around fine and then the next minute killing each other....I dont know what to do now ;(

Any help as to what to do

lindypeno
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tia and Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : 14 weeks and 2yrs
Dog Gender(s) : girl and boy
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

my two staffies have just had a massive fight while I was walking with them with each other  Empty Re: my two staffies have just had a massive fight while I was walking with them with each other

Post by Steve Sun Jan 05 2014, 15:38

wht started it? was it over an stick?

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

my two staffies have just had a massive fight while I was walking with them with each other  Empty Re: my two staffies have just had a massive fight while I was walking with them with each other

Post by lindypeno Sun Jan 05 2014, 15:40

no they were running and the next minute fighting like mad

lindypeno

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Jan 05 2014, 15:46

are they both from the same litter?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05 2014, 15:48

Was there something they saw that could have started it? Any signals at all that you noticed? How do they normally get along?

Back to top Go down

Post by lindypeno Sun Jan 05 2014, 15:51

no different ages Tia is nearly 6 and Bailey is coming up for two, Tbh I think it was her that turned on him but both were not gonna back down and now i don't know if i dare let them back together

lindypeno

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Jan 05 2014, 16:03

you can never leave the m alone now dont matter how well they get on when you not in the house/flat or whatever keep the apart, while you there you not to stop anything that could start another fight, be the boss an NO should stop anything if your in control Smile xxx

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05 2014, 16:08

Never had 2 so not much help, perhaps your girlie is a bit under the weather? Must have been awful for you. xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jan 05 2014, 16:24

I've never had two dogs together either so just going on a bit of guess work, did you notice if they had been staring at each other just prior to them kicking off, dogs will see a stare as a challenge. Link below is dogs body language which may help:

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/dog_body_language
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by lindypeno Sun Jan 05 2014, 16:27

hi they were running around fine together and then they just turned x it was awful, my hands hurt also x i am at work tomorrow and do not know what to do for the best now x thank you everyone for the answers though

lindypeno

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jan 05 2014, 16:42

Try to keep your hands clean if you can, do you think you need any antibiotics ?

Are the dogs wounded or need any medical help ? Again clean any wounds if you can and wash with cooled boiled water and keep an eye on them to watch for any signs of infection - any redness or swelling.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05 2014, 17:41

Is the female neutered could she be coming into season?

You will have to keep them separate when you go to work, do you have a crate(s) you could stick them in while your out

Back to top Go down

Post by lindypeno Sun Jan 05 2014, 19:18

they both seem settled now, and no I am fine thank you, a little war wound, Yes she has been done last year, I am keeping a close eye on them but they seem ok at the minute...fingers crossed x x

lindypeno

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05 2014, 20:00

Good to hear hope all continues to go well xx

Back to top Go down

Post by _Jason_ Mon Jan 06 2014, 07:47

Sorry to hear that,you really need to find a soloution now for the dogs sake and yourself,is there a way you can safely keep them apart when your at work.
_Jason_
_Jason_

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : July 4th
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Mon Jan 06 2014, 09:52

Sorry to hear about this. Hope its just a one off.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Mon Jan 06 2014, 15:13

I've seen this happen a few times before, but luckily in kennel dogs rather than dogs that have to live together. In my case they just went over their threshold, got overstimulated. They were okay if you controlled play and made them have a break every few minutes.

And you say they've never done anything like this before? With themselves or other dogs? How bad are their wounds?
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Chez Walbey Tue Feb 18 2014, 16:07

My two have had a couple of fights over the past couple years that we've had them.. its always over a toy/stick so now I don't give them toys etc but otherwise get on fine, but keep a close eye on them and separate them if they are getting annoyed with each other..
I hope they haven't had another fight since :-)
Chez Walbey
Chez Walbey
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rizla and Mia
Dog(s) Ages : Rizla is around 4/5 and Mia is around 7/8
Dog Gender(s) : Rizla is male and Mia is female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down