5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo

5 posters

Go down

5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo Empty 5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo

Post by Jules&Nick Sat Dec 21 2013, 09:53

My pup Bailey has had a funny tummy for a couple of days now, its started off slightly runny, then this morning he has had three poos in an hour that are quite runny. He had actually pooped in his crate when i got up first thing this morning which is quite unusual for him, but this one was fairly solid.

I tried to give him some rice this morning (only had brown rice in the cupboard) and he completely turned his nose up at it.  Straight Face  So i added a handful of his kibbles which seemed to work. He has been on wainwrights since the end of november and seems to love it.

He is fast asleep now and i would normally be taking him out for a good long walk now but am a bit worried about him as well as not being able to scoop up his poop?!

I'm going to go and get some eggs and white fish - note sure which white fish to get or does it not matter??

Any advice would be great thanks so much
x
Jules&Nick
Jules&Nick
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo Empty Re: 5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo

Post by AussieStaff Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:20

Awww hope he's feeling heaps better real soon. Time for lots of cuddles x
AussieStaff
AussieStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 15/10/13
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 450

Back to top Go down

5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo Empty Re: 5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:33

Aww poor lil fella. 5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo 3198918699 is he drinking ok? scrambled egg, no milk or boiled rice and chicken just light meals. As it's been going on for a few days I'd pop him the vets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:02

I would speak to the Vet if there is no improvement, a couple of days with diarrhoea is not good for a pup  biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:10

if its been going on for a couple of days i would just get the vet to look at him,a very little diet of boiled chicken and rice,hope he's better soon  5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo 3198918699 
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sat Dec 21 2013, 11:11

sorry i meant to say light diet,not little  Blushing 
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules&Nick Sat Dec 21 2013, 12:01

I've just got back from taking him for a walk. He was fine walking, and totally seems himself, looking for sticks and running round the field like a nut case, so thats a good sign (i think), but before and after the walk he had VERY runny, almost water like poos. Sad

I'm boiling some rice and eggs for him as I type and if i see no improvement by this afternoon/evening I think i will take him to the Vet :0(

Poor little pickle.
x
Jules&Nick
Jules&Nick

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21 2013, 12:02

Same as above but defo a trip to the vets if no improvement, just make sure he s getting his fluids if nothing else  Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules&Nick Sat Dec 21 2013, 12:03

oh forgot to add he is drinking plenty of water which is good too i think :/
Jules&Nick
Jules&Nick

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21 2013, 12:33

Oh that's good he is drinking hope he improves soon xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Dec 21 2013, 14:07

Poor Bailey  5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo 3198918699 x
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22 2013, 06:44

How's bailey today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules&Nick Sun Dec 22 2013, 11:52

Hes fine within himself, we just took him out for a ramble over the local fields and he was loving it.

Still got a slight runny tummy but not as bad as yesterday. He ate some fish and boiled rice yesterday and i will give him the same today, seems to be working Smile

Thanks for asking Smile
Jules&Nick
Jules&Nick

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane Sun Dec 22 2013, 19:39

If he isn't interested in plain rice, try add some flavour like meat juices from a dinner you've cooked or boil some chicken and then boil the rice in the chicken water? I hope he feels better soon Smile
Bane
Bane
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bane
Dog(s) Ages : 13th August 2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22 2013, 20:05

Just a thought Jules, do you give Bailey much liver normally? I used to give Kuchar pieces of baked liver as a treat (and my son used to treat him often!) as well as stuffing them in Kongs etc every evening to keep him amused. When his diarrhea became beyond just an occasional thing, my vet said he had colitis and gave him a course of meds, and told us not to feed him any offal. He got better, and a few days after the med course finished, I gave him liver again and what would you know - yep, just like before. He has not had liver since then and his poos are perfection!

It's good that Bailey is drinking water as usual, and hopefully a day or two of boiled rice and fish or chicken will see him right. Do let us know how he gets on  5 month old pup with on off diarrhea/runny poo 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules&Nick Mon Dec 23 2013, 20:42

Ive never given him liver, he only ever has his kibbles (Wainwrights) and a few little treats here and there when training etc.....

He's eaten chicken and rice and fish and rice for two days and seems to be getting better although he hasn't been to the toilet (poop) since about 11:30 this morning, he is eating and drinking water so I'm still monitoring him. he is well otherwise, really enjoyed his walks today and is still been the pest that he normally is while Ive been cooking (dancing around my feet) and trying to hang the washing out (running off with the socks)
etc lol....
Jules&Nick
Jules&Nick

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Dec 23 2013, 20:45

Sounds like he is on the mend  Smile I know what Lynda means about liver though, always upset Daisy tum cooked but raw no problem!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down