Radar has landed

2 posters

Go down

Radar has landed  Empty Radar has landed

Post by Laws Mon Dec 09 2013, 00:11

Well today has felt very long ! So I had my work do the last night luckily I don't drink but didn't get to sleep until about 1 am and then we got up this morning at 5 am to get the little one and a long drive . Took a washing up bowl with towels in and popped her into it on my lap and off we went on the long drive home .

We got her back and introduced her to zig and he did try and hump her a few times which we corrected . So the problem we have is zig is a boisterous big staff and so he would try and play and then she would growl and snarl back and actually mean it . Which in turn would make him think she's playing back so we had to keep stepping in . Is this normal for her to be so nasty to him ? I was more worries about him doing it to her bit not the other way around ?
He has corrected her once when he wa on my lap and she bit his tail he turned growled and snapped at her which I expected him to correct .
As far as toileting goes , six wees and a poo outside and two wees inside , after the two inside ones which were late this evening she wouldn't go outside deposits taking her two it three times ? Hope she gets it again tomorrow .
Is all this normal ? Feeling slightly over whelmed how small she is !
We did a walk and I had to coax her along but we got there in the end any advice about the pup snapping at him and meaning it ?
Thanks
Law
Laws
Laws
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Ziggy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Radar has landed  Empty Re: Radar has landed

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09 2013, 04:28

Hey there sounds like you had a busy day Smile hope your first night has gone well, I've not had a puppy and another dog so can't help there I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can help Smile re toileting it sounds like things are going well and your doing well too, she's probabley still settling in to her new home and surroundings Smile sorry I can't be of more help any other questions just ask Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Radar has landed  Empty Re: Radar has landed

Post by Sazzle Mon Dec 09 2013, 18:05

I've not had a pup but it sounds like a pretty good start  Big Grin I would have thought she's just a bit overwhelmed being in a new place with a big dog and will settle down and get used to him in a few days, you are doing the right thing by separating when it gets a bit much  Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down