debs0109
jshrew
Sazzle
Rachel33
12 posters

Go down

Injured Where do your dogs sleep??

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 21:07

This topic may have already been posted but after seeing someone ask about how do they get their dog to sleep in a kennel out side it got me wondering! Where do your dogs sleep in the day and on the night? Big Grin

In the day they have a big memory foam bed by the radiator in the living room with a cushion and blankets or they use the sofa Blushing they also have a big padded blanket in the kitchen cause they're quite partial to watching my mom cook and I don't like them laying on the cold floor cause they can get pressure sores and my moms always baking for hours on end Smile if they're hot they'll lay on it when the back doors open too Smile if I'm out Ebony sleeps on my bed with run of the house and Charlie is shut in his own room with a BIIIG sofa with cushions and his snuggly fluffy blanket! I do leave them together sometimes but i think they enjoy their alone time Laughing they also have fresh water in my bedroom, and fresh water in the bedroom Charlie is shut in at all times as he likes to go upstairs and go in his bedroom to sleep on his sofa sometimes and they take themselves off up to bed when they want Laughing

On a night they're shut in with me and they're both usually snuggled up by my head under the blankets but I do have a dog bed under a desk which they love to go and sit in with their bones and they use it as a den to get away from everyone/everything and chill since my bedroom door is always open for them! My room is also always cold so it's a snuggle spot for them instead of laying on a cold bed!

Last edited by CodlingKid on Tue Nov 26 2013, 21:17; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Injured Re: Where do your dogs sleep??

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 21:10

Dempsey has his own crate with bedding & a cover over it to make it cosy. He goes in there when I go out (of his own accord), but at night he tends to sleep on the sofa!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Tue Nov 26 2013, 21:13

Biscuit has her choice of a soft bed filled with blankets, a covered crate with duvets OR her new igloo bed! She sleeps in one of these at night downstairs, she's a bit of a nightmare sleeping upstairs and keeps us up making nests in the bed, kicking me in the head or growling at every sound possible Rolling Eyes 
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 21:15

Darcy has a crate for night and if we go out she uses that door open, she also has a bed in the living room Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 21:20

Rachel33 wrote:Biscuit has her choice of a soft bed filled with blankets, a covered crate with duvets OR her new igloo bed! She sleeps in one of these at night downstairs, she's a bit of a nightmare sleeping upstairs and keeps us up making nests in the bed, kicking me in the head or growling at every sound possible Rolling Eyes 
This made me chuckle! Laughing I saw the video of her opening her Christmas present on YouTube - she's mental so I could imagine her in bed Laughing Love Struck does she like the Igloo bed? I'm thinking about investing in one!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:05

Daisy has a bed in the kitchen, I sometimes let her sleep with me but she snores really bad!!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:07

CodlingKid wrote:This topic may have already been posted but after seeing someone ask about how do they get their dog to sleep in a kennel out side it got me wondering! Where do your dogs sleep in the day and on the night? Big Grin

In the day they have a big memory foam bed by the radiator in the living room with a cushion and blankets or they use the sofa :oops:they also have a big padded blanket in the kitchen cause they're quite partial to watching my mom cook and I don't like them laying on the cold floor cause they can get pressure sores and my moms always baking for hours on end :)if they're hot they'll lay on it when the back doors open too :)if I'm out Ebony sleeps on my bed with run of the house and Charlie is shut in his own room with a BIIIG sofa with cushions and his snuggly fluffy blanket! I do leave them together sometimes but i think they enjoy their alone time :lol:they also have fresh water in my bedroom, and fresh water in the bedroom Charlie is shut in at all times as he likes to go upstairs and go in his bedroom to sleep on his sofa sometimes and they take themselves off up to bed when they want Laughing

On a night they're shut in with me and they're both usually snuggled up by my head under the blankets but I do have a dog bed under a desk which they love to go and sit in with their bones and they use it as a den to get away from everyone/everything and chill since my bedroom door is always open for them! My room is also always cold so it's a snuggle spot for them instead of laying on a cold bed!
Not spoilt one little bit then Laughing Laughing 

Where do mine sleep ............................... keep the answer simple , wherever they can Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:09

Dave wrote:
CodlingKid wrote:This topic may have already been posted but after seeing someone ask about how do they get their dog to sleep in a kennel out side it got me wondering! Where do your dogs sleep in the day and on the night? Big Grin

In the day they have a big memory foam bed by the radiator in the living room with a cushion and blankets or they use the sofa :oops:they also have a big padded blanket in the kitchen cause they're quite partial to watching my mom cook and I don't like them laying on the cold floor cause they can get pressure sores and my moms always baking for hours on end :)if they're hot they'll lay on it when the back doors open too :)if I'm out Ebony sleeps on my bed with run of the house and Charlie is shut in his own room with a BIIIG sofa with cushions and his snuggly fluffy blanket! I do leave them together sometimes but i think they enjoy their alone time :lol:they also have fresh water in my bedroom, and fresh water in the bedroom Charlie is shut in at all times as he likes to go upstairs and go in his bedroom to sleep on his sofa sometimes and they take themselves off up to bed when they want Laughing

Not spoilt one little bit then Laughing Laughing 

Where do mine sleep ............................... keep the answer simple , wherever they can Smile
Yes, Dave, but then you have to ask the question....where do you get to sleep?Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:19

At night Ledger sleeps on my bed (under the covers when it's cold) during the day he likes the bed in the front bedroom or in one of his crates or on the mat in front of the fire when it is on

Like the sound of an igloo bed, a couple of times I have found Ledger under my bed and my parents tell me that he regularly opens the cupboard in the conservatory drags all the shoes out of the one side and curls up in the bottom compartment
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by debs0109 Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:26

Mia sleeps on the settee in the day and at night she is in bed with me. She's like my little hot water bottle lol
debs0109
debs0109
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Where do your dogs sleep?? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : MIA
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year 7 months
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE
Support total : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:28

jshrew wrote:he regularly opens the cupboard in the conservatory drags all the shoes out of the one side and curls up in the bottom compartment
Awww, that sounds so cute!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara n Ozzy Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:35

Oz has his bed in the kitchen next to the radiator although when OH is away which us quite often he sleeps on the bed with me but he does snore and try to get under the duvet so I never get a good nights sleep (don't tell OH though as he doesn't know)!!!!!!!
Sara n Ozzy
Sara n Ozzy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:38

at night, i get some space in her bed. during the day, she has the run of my room, the dining room, kitchen and conservatory. if its cold, she stays in my room or the dining room, but in the summer, she sleeps all day on her chair in the conservatory
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:39

Caryll wrote:
jshrew wrote:he regularly opens the cupboard in the conservatory drags all the shoes out of the one side and curls up in the bottom compartment
Awww, that sounds so cute!
Ai when I found the cupboard turned out the other morning I put it down with it being windy, gates banging and him hiding. Seems he just likes to curl up in small spaces
jshrew
jshrew

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:42

Caryll wrote:
Yes, Dave, but then you have to ask the question....where do you get to sleep?Wink [/quote]
Another simple answer Caryll , I just morph into any space they allow me into

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 22:58

Laughing fab answers everyone! Ledger is such a little sweetie bless him Love Struck when I'm out and my moms home the pups have morning cuddles in bed if my dads out... He doesn't know either Sarah so your secrets safe with me Big Grin I'm also a master of morphing Dave Laughing Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pigeonflyer Tue Nov 26 2013, 23:36

During the day, it's rare they'll go to sleep.. it's pretty odd how long they stay awake during the day, even after their exercise they'll still want to be walking around the house and see what we're upto. At night they both sleep in my bed, Clementine is usually at the bottom and Lexi is always at the top lying close to me and sometimes with her head right against mine. Between 9:30-10pm Clementine knows it's getting close to bed time and she'll just sit in front of the stair gate until I'm ready, lol.
Pigeonflyer
Pigeonflyer
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Lexie
Dog(s) Ages : D.O.B: 25/10/12
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by djstratton Wed Nov 27 2013, 00:05

All our dogs over the years have always been able to go in and out of the house during the day. Considering we've lived in mostly hot countries, it wasn't surprising that they mostly wanted to be indoors in the air-conditioning. In Spain, they preferred spending their days outdoors. In the evenings, all dogs all came inside and slept indoors Smile
djstratton
djstratton

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Marquez
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27 2013, 04:32

During the day they're either on the sofas or the bed and at night in bed with us. They do have their own bed in the bedroom and a cushion each in the kitchen as well as kennels, but they love being indoors where it's nice and cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Wed Nov 27 2013, 07:43

Lol!!! I forgot about that video haha I was a little bit tipsy and hadn't seen her for a week so we were both SO excited! She's calmed down much more since we left Bristol but she's still a little weasel sometimes! She hates her igloo bed! I spent £50 on that thing haha
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by AllOfUS Wed Nov 27 2013, 08:04

My dog sleeps outside, I don't now if it's different countries or what but most people on australia their dogs sleeps outside or in the laundry. Of course some people choose in their bed and what not but most u know choose laundry or outside .

AllOfUS
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by AllOfUS Wed Nov 27 2013, 08:05

Know*** in*** I***

AllOfUS

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Nov 27 2013, 08:30

Rocky sleeps on our bed at night and during the day, he has his own bed in the lounge and will go in there until someone goes to bed then he has to be as close as possible to us.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27 2013, 10:36

The girls have a crate each in our room. They do get in the bed for a cuddle in the mornings sometimes Love Struck 

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs McFisher Thu Nov 28 2013, 09:47

Lou sleeps on the sofa through the day...we really a need new one but what's the point? But at night she sleeps in her crate, has blankets in, and blankets over the top in winter to make it cosy..If i'm home she is usually asleep on me on the sofa, i'm regularly fund trapped under her..
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Where do your dogs sleep?? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louby
Dog(s) Ages : 6th May 2012
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie3 Thu Nov 28 2013, 10:17

At night and when I'm out of the house... In his crate with his bed (stuffed with two extra pillows) and a blanket.

During the day, on the sofa wrapped up in my blanket. (I don't have the heating on and he's a sensitive little soul)

Every morning... In bed with me under the duvet until I say it's time to get up. We're still in bed now! Blushing 

This is him yesterday...

Where do your dogs sleep?? 20131127_122315
Rosie3
Rosie3

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26