The poor Staffordshire Bull Terrier

4 posters

Go down

The poor Staffordshire Bull Terrier Empty The poor Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Post by jmk Fri Nov 15 2013, 06:52

The poor Staffordshire Bull Terrier as got a real bad name but they make great family pets and love kids as well <I Dont mean love um as in eat lol>....Lots get um to Fight yes and some as to say yes im a bad boy and got a staff to prove it..But Ive had my staff now for 4 weeks yes she can nip bark have a mad half hour but she is very loving after all she is a pup I think every pup nips and as a mad half hour now and then. She wont nip unless she get over excited then say No she will ignore you a few times but I read thats the bread very Stubben but if you stand firm and hold your ground and maybe give um 1 or 2 mins time out they will do as you say. So I think all the bad news about staffs is all untrue or the owner treats them bad and makes um that way ...Its the media that make um look bad ..Hate it when I say I own a staff everyone looks down at you and says are you mad wouldint have one of them mad things..  Id like to hear what others think ?
jmk
jmk
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

The poor Staffordshire Bull Terrier Empty Re: The poor Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15 2013, 08:24

Any dog can behave as you described not just a Stafford but unfortunately for us the muppets out the think they will look hard/big boy if they have one it is never the dogs fault and people should be looking at the other end of the lead. IE the owner l, the media like to demonize the Stafford and unfortunaly narrow minded public opinion is not good.
All pups nip it's natural and don't get me wrong there were days when I thought omg will this ever get better but it does, with effort time patience and petsistance they get there. The mouthing will get gentler and gentler, darcy now knows that it's exceptable to mouth/play bite during rough and tumble play but when we say 'enough' she stops immediately. Smile

Back to top Go down

The poor Staffordshire Bull Terrier Empty Re: The poor Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Post by Sazzle Fri Nov 15 2013, 08:26

It's an owner that creates a bad dog, Staffies are the most loving breed I've known and I hate the bad press they get :-(
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15 2013, 10:34

There are so many humans out there who shouldn't own a slug, let alone a Stafford!

As a breed, they're one of the kindest, funniest, craziest & most loving!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 15 2013, 10:40

I have never come across a more loving and caring breed of dog. I know Rocky is a Staffy cross but I think he is 99% Staffy and I wouldn't have it any other way, we think of him as being a Staff anyway.

Each dog has his/her own personality and characteristics and love those found in this breed.

I think another reason they are called the Nanny dog is because Rocky will send us to bed every night at about 10pm if we are not already in there. We called him Nanny McRocky Smile 
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Debs01 Fri Nov 15 2013, 13:38

Unfortunately while the press have a bee in their bonnet about Staffordshire Bull Terriers the bad press won't stop. I think its up to the thousands of good honest people that own Staffords to educate the public and let them know that Staffords are huge balls of loving mush and not the evil devil dogs they portray them to be.. even if its just one person you meet on a walk its a good thing.

Lets not forget to educate them about Stafford crosses too, seeing as the press have ensured that the general public think every Stafford cross is a pitbull, I think its important to show them that actually, hardly any are and even if they were, pitbulls arn't bad dogs either, it's always who is at the other end of the lead!

I think Axl is also a staffie cross but I don't care, to me he's perfect and he makes me smile every day, what more can I ask for? Love Struck 

As for the people that look down their noses at me when I walk him, I really couldn't care less the important thing is my dog isn't doing anything wrong, I have him under control and he's a good dog.. so let the hater's hate, who cares Smile
Debs01
Debs01
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Axl
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down