Doggy behaviour?

Go down

Doggy behaviour? Empty Doggy behaviour?

Post by Louise C Wed Apr 27 2011, 18:50

Hi guys and gals hope you all enjoying the lovely weather...Anyhow

Lola plays wonderfully with most dogs. She runs after them, they run after her and it seems like good fun.
But with older dogs that don't play or are just laid back she is relentless with them, by which I mean, she will to start with go up and front down and back up as if to say come on play with me, if this fails she then gets quite vocal, again I think it's just asking the other dog to come and play. But then she gets quite teethy to the point she will make the other dog snap at her as if they are saying sod off. This doesn't deter her terrorism of the poor dogs, she will just caryy on and on and on to the point where I think she may not be playing any more. I could be wrong. But it confuses and worries me as I think maybe she could turn and become vicious towards them? What do you lot think. I do step in and put her on the lead and tell her no.
Louise C
Louise C
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Doggy behaviour? Empty Re: Doggy behaviour?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 22:48

She's young still & can't control her natural playfulness. The more she gets ignored by the dog, the more she'll try to play. You're doing right stopping her, because not only will it irritate the other dog which may snap at her, she'll get irritable herself & might overstep the mark.

I never let Dempsey approach another dog unless the owner says it's ok, and I'm sure that they are going to be ok with each other. Even then, I watch like a hawk & as soon as the play gets too rough I stop it.

Yes, I know, I'm a spoilsport! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Thu Apr 28 2011, 10:38

Well it's better to be safe than sorry, thanks for the info Caryll. I was right then in thinking that it could escalate. She did it again today, but I put her straight back on the lead. So hopefully she will learn that terrorising other dogs is not aloud Smile ...or even allowed haha
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 10:53

It may or may not escalate, but it's silly to take a chance. Also, some people don't want their dogs barked at & jumped on all the time! Big Grin I know - been there, done that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down