bully4you
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

please delete Empty Re: please delete

Post by bully4you Wed Oct 09 2013, 18:42

I also should have added, I have had Ruby since she was 7 weeks old. And she is yet to be spayed. She took her 1st season 14 weeks ago. Thanks in advance Smile 
bully4you
bully4you

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by rescuestaffords Wed Oct 09 2013, 18:55

Is she due in season?

rescuestaffords
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
please delete Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Support total : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Oct 09 2013, 19:05

Was your son teasing either of the dogs with the packet of crisps ? He probably wouldn't have done this intensionally but Ruby may felt left out if your Husky got a crisp and she didn't ? Maybe Ruby was feeling protective of your son too.

Was your Husky staring at Ruby at all as this would be read as a challenge. Huskys can appear to be staring at a dog because thier eyes are very brightly coloured.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09 2013, 19:11

This is how my girl reacted to my other bitch. It would be just out of the blue and for no reason. Then all would be fine for a while. I can't say more because ours sorted themselves out and didnt fight that often but if they did i took my girl away for a few days cause then she would go back to the bottom of the pack and the dog was at the top with his biatches at the bottom. When my girl then won over the dog thats when i would look for a fight with the bitches.

Back to top Go down

Post by bully4you Wed Oct 09 2013, 19:29

Hi Kathy, No he wasn't as he doesn't feed them titbits.. They were unopened at the time, but beside him..
Ruby took it upon herself to guard them, it seems.
No my Sibe Girl was just near the vicinity of the crisps, just lying down looking,and she has dark eyes.

Kathy wrote:Was your son teasing either of the dogs with the packet of crisps ? He probably wouldn't have done this intensionally but Ruby may felt left out if your Husky got a crisp and she didn't ? Maybe Ruby was feeling protective of your son too.

Was your Husky staring at Ruby at all as this would be read as a challenge. Huskys can appear to be staring at a dog because thier eyes are very brightly coloured.
bully4you
bully4you

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by bully4you Wed Oct 09 2013, 19:33

Hi Hayley x
That is why I removed Ruby from the situation for a few hours, put her alone in her cage... The best of it is tho, I have 3 bitches in my brood, but it seemed to be the singuar one she picked on. for no apparent reason.
Hayley wrote:This is how my girl reacted to my other bitch. It would be just out of the blue and for no reason. Then all would be fine for a while. I can't say more because ours sorted themselves out and didnt fight that often but if they did i took my girl away for a few days cause then she would go back to the bottom of the pack and the dog was at the top with his biatches at the bottom. When my girl then won over the dog thats when i would look for a fight with the bitches.
bully4you
bully4you

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Oct 09 2013, 19:58

was they bagging for food? you should never let your dogs beg for food they shouldn't never look at you while you eat if you have more then one dog

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:09

I only have Daisy so I'm not expert, however, my mum has 3 dogs and my sister has two, when they are all together very occasionally fights do happen, I think the pack mentality just sets in and food/toys etc can be a major trigger. Personally I wouldn't worry, it does just sound like it was over the crisps, as said above Ruby probably thought the other girl was getting something she wasn't.
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:15

Your staff girl is coming into full maturity & will be testing the boundaries. For the time being I wouldn't leave her alone with any of the other dogs. You will need to watch her body language very carefully & step in with a firm 'no' at the first sign of a problem, which could be anything from stiff leggedness, to staring or just 'pushing' one of the others out of the way.

My only fear is that some bitches just will not tolerate another bitch in the house - hopefully this won't be the case here.

Back to top Go down

Post by bully4you Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:15

There was nothing to give, as sons crisps were unopened- It was a totally spontaneous attack, which went on for a further 3 times...Huskys aren't fighters, but without out intervention I believe Ruby would have did some terrible damage, as she was latched onto my Huskys neck....Ive never had this before and has really upset us Sad

Last edited by bully4you on Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:28; edited 1 time in total
bully4you
bully4you

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:18

No experience here I am afraid but all good points above.
Hope all settles down soon Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by bully4you Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:26

She recently tried her "luck" with my elderly Rottie, who is just a big gentle honey bear...She soon put Ruby in her place.
So yes, I believe she is testing her boundaries here with the other dogs, but Huskys being more 'Lovers and Not Fighters' are more submissive and will allow themselves to be bullied with breeds outwith their own kind.
End of the day my Huskys were here before Ruby was, and despite being a staffie fan, I won't allow them to be intimidated in any way shape or form. :-(
bully4you
bully4you

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:50

i would place my money it was over the crisp she was telling your husky Wink what i would do from now on tell your dogs to go out of the room while you eat anything

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:12

Well I have two staff cross sibes and have seen both sides come out in them. One of the biggest is food and food protection and even anticipation of it. You have to be very firm and its prob only time I shouted at marley (im not perfect, but im honest) but he bared his teath at laska and took on a agressive stance over her food bowl. The way I dealt with it was that I was only one to give food. I was only one to take food from and sat them down in the kitchen and put a treat between them. I said who got it. They know now that I am the one and only provider and they only get what I give and to try take from the other will get them removed from the room.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by bully4you Tue Oct 15 2013, 20:22

It happened again tonight when I put chicken bones in a box in the bin. Im aiming to get Ruby spayed ASAP do you think this will possibly help?
bully4you
bully4you

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15 2013, 20:37

I doubt very much if spaying will help much, if at all.

I think you're going to have to work on her food possessiveness, as this is what it sounds like.

Back to top Go down

Post by bully4you Tue Oct 15 2013, 20:59

She is due to be spayed anyway.
This is the best of it tho... They all eat in the same room at their dinner time.And even go around each others dishes with no problems.
Ruby and my husky play happily in the garden, lie beside one another.
My husky can be a tad aloof towards Ruby and has never really shown a great deal of interest in her, but then again neither has my elderly Rottie, but Ruby darent try her luck with her.
I'm starting to feel like a huge failure in a breed I have kept for so long and never had any problems with previous:( 
bully4you
bully4you

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down