L2-HGA, HC, PHPV?

2 posters

Go down

L2-HGA, HC, PHPV?  Empty L2-HGA, HC, PHPV?

Post by goldie87 Sat Oct 05 2013, 22:46

As most of you know, Zeus is my first dog and I've had him for almost a year and a half now. Admittedly, I didn't know much  about dogs or backyard breeders etc before I got him and before I joined this forum.

When I look back at it now, although the breeder I got him from was responsible and they were a respectable family who looked out for the pups, I would class them as backyard breeders. When we got him, they said Zeus went to the vets and got checked out etc, and I still use the vets where they got him checked from (very good veterinary chain), but just to cover my bases and get a full understanding on everything, can someone tell me what L2-HGA, HC and PHPV are? What is the importance of getting Zeus checked out for these? I don't have much knowledge on these so would appreciate a bit of help.
goldie87
goldie87
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

L2-HGA, HC, PHPV?  Empty Re: L2-HGA, HC, PHPV?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 23:57

Have a read through these hopefully they'll help you out,
http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/l-2-hga
http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/hereditary_cataract
http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/phpv

I'm sure someone who can help out a little more will be along shortly who can over more advice. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Oct 06 2013, 00:04

TBH I don't know much about it as I only rescue Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 12:11

To be honest now the only relevance in getting him checked out for these would be if you were considering breeding , which , as you say you got Zeus from a BYB then sincerely hope its not something you are considering.

They are conditions , problems that he could develop but you would have to think about this at the time . The 3 problems are usually something you would check for before getting a pup  so bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted Smile

But don't worry yourself about this , like me I purchased Tilly from a BYB as I didn't know all about stuff at the time , the important thing is we all learn by our mistakes and for you ( like me Smile) If you ever go for number 2 staffy then you know the right way to do it

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Sun Oct 06 2013, 12:38

Thanks for the advice all, Dave, I'm definitely not considering breeding him, I don't want to add to the ongoing problem of unwanted staffies, if anything, I want to rescue, instead of buying one (something I would have done first if I realised how big the problem was).

goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 18:58

goldie87 wrote:Thanks for the advice all, Dave, I'm definitely not considering breeding him, I don't want to add to the ongoing problem of unwanted staffies, if anything, I want to rescue, instead of buying one (something I would have done first if I realised how big the problem was).

Hindsight is a marvellous thing but then you wouldn't have Goldie and I wouldn't have Tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down