And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey!

4 posters

Go down

And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey! Empty And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 11:47

Was checking and cleaning his teeth just now and noticed that a part of the gum next to the upper canine was detached from the rest, about 3mm across. Obviously an old injury of some sort that's healed, most likely from the instanding canine on his lower jaw. When it was touched, he showed signs of discomfort, so obviously it's something that needs to be kept an eye on. It may be necessary to get that part of the gum removed by a vet to prevent any more discomfort.

And that's why it's important to health check your doggies! Smile Catch these things before they become serious!

Back to top Go down

And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey! Empty Re: And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:12

And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey! 3198918699 And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey! 3198918699  Poor Dempster he does tend to attract a few problems , but thanks for the post and raising issues like this Smile

Back to top Go down

And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey! Empty Re: And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:23

He's a walking disaster! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:35

Awww poor Dempster, hope it can be sorted And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey! 3198918699 
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:41

Yeah, it's nothing serious and it doesn't bother him in his daily routine, so it's just something to keep an eye on. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 13:49

Poor boy And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey! 3198918699 And this is why health testing is important. Poor Dempsey! 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 14:10

Poor Dempsey, great reminder Eleanor I am always checking Vin I think he thinks I am a monkey sometimes!!Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:19

Great reminder Eleanor. I'm really sorry for Dempsey of course, but he has two good mummies who a) notice these things and b) get them fixed.

To my shame, I'll have to admit that I never checked my first Dobermann's teeth and only took her to the vet when a lump appeared on her upper jaw by her nose (on the outside). It was an abscess on her canine tooth and she had to have it removed. And if it wasn't for the lump I would never have known - it must have been so painful but she never complained.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:22

To be honest, a few years ago I wouldn't have known to check either. Smile We can only do what we know how to do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 22:50

advice i wish i knew a long time ago! i didnt notice lexis teeth wearing away cause it was gradual, but now shes no canines Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05 2013, 23:46

Aww poor dempster, hope he's feeling better soon, thanks for the reminder Eleanor Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Oct 06 2013, 00:11

Hes a little tank bless him. Must admit have a soft spot for the fella
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 09:51

Gotta say, I have a soft spot for him too! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Sun Oct 06 2013, 14:36

Awww poor Dempsey! Definitely a good reminder, checked Rocky's earlier as he bled a little from chewing a bone too rough! Hope the Dempster is okay!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 15:10

Yeah, he's fine! Smile Only seemed to bother him when I was trying to get a better look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Oct 06 2013, 19:43

Poor Dempsey xx
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down