Dr. Ian Dunbar- have you heard about him?

Go down

Dr. Ian Dunbar- have you heard about him? Empty Dr. Ian Dunbar- have you heard about him?

Post by jola139 Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfSFw5NJ01w
I've been searching youtube for some good tips how to stop Debo jumpping up at people when they come to visit and I came across this guy. And I do like him a lot. What do you think?
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Dr. Ian Dunbar- have you heard about him? Empty Re: Dr. Ian Dunbar- have you heard about him?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:14

I'm not a big fan of him, but I wouldn't say he's a terrible person or anything. Smile I'd put more faith in him than I would in somebody like Cesar Milan, though.

Back to top Go down

Dr. Ian Dunbar- have you heard about him? Empty Re: Dr. Ian Dunbar- have you heard about him?

Post by jola139 Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:17

On that video he makes sense.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:19

Yes, i've heard of him, not the biggest fan but he's far from the worst mind

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:20

Can you explain why you don't like him?
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:24

frankly i don't like many if any 'trainers', behaviorists or experts. It's one reason i refuse to use one, so he falls into that category.

But like Eleanor said he's alot better then CM and that counts for something

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:27

Well he's a lot better than CM.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:28

yep that's what i said Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:44

Definitely better than Milan Smile To be honest, I don't know a great deal about him, but I respect that he's put a lot of research into dog behaviour and has helped a lot of dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 23:12

Oh a blast from the past! I'm old enough to remember Dr Ian Dunbar's dog training series on the telly about 30 years or so ago. He was a seriously hot young man with an annoying mid-Atlantic accent whose methods were however (as far as I can recall) a refreshing antidote to the other dog training guru who was on the telly about the same time (Barbara Woodhouse, she of the jerk the choke chain and shrill voice).

I've watched the vid you've put up Jola and generally I think his assessment of why some dogs are aggressive towards other dogs and how to treat it is generally helpful - for some dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 23:36

Lynda wrote:Oh a blast from the past! I'm old enough to remember Dr Ian Dunbar's dog training series on the telly about 30 years or so ago.  He was a seriously hot young man with an annoying mid-Atlantic accent whose methods were however (as far as I can recall) a refreshing antidote to the other dog training guru who was on the telly about the same time (Barbara Woodhouse, she of the jerk the choke chain and shrill voice).
Yep, same here! Age has its priveledges!

I don't much like him, but he has better views on training than CM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down